Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 83 - Measurement Day, Goal Day and Free Day

GOALS
  • Goal date:                    March 26, 2011
  • Weight goal:                206.0 pounds
  • Total Inches goal:        120.9
 Today's Weight:        206.6 
 Yesterday's Weight:    208.8 
 Gain/Loss:             - 2.2 

Here are the numbers for this week's official weigh-in and measure-up:

            Last Week      Today       Difference
Weight        208.2        206.6        -1.6 lbs
Chest          41.25        40.75       -0.5"
Waist          40.25        39.5        -0.25"   
Hips           38.0         38.0        -0.0"   
Total "       119.5        118.25       -1.25"

Please leave a comment if you visit here. 
Thank you.

After another odd week, at least as regards to my daily scale weight, I have reached the end of my 4-week goal period having lost (drum roll, please...) 9.4 pounds, and 3-1/2 total inches. Yes, I'm doing the happy dance.

This marks 12 weeks since the beginning of the year, 11 weeks since my first weigh-in day. The results since 1/8:
  • A weight loss of 26.2 pounds (about 32 since my 1/1 estimated weight)
  • A loss of 3-1/4" around my chest
  • A loss of 5" around my waist
  • A loss of 3-1/2" around my hips.
Slammin'.

These results make the fact that I missed my weight goal by 1/2 a pound seem insignificant. And I've spoken before about the meaningfulness (or, more properly, meaninglessness - but I don't think that's an actual word ) of weight tracking.

Now it is time to set new goals for the final 4-week period of this initial dietary phase (I say that as if I expect the next one to be different - it won't be, except maybe for reduced expectations on weight loss. More on that, then).

  • Goal date:              April 23, 2011
  • Weight goal:            198.0 pounds
  • Total Inches goal:      117.7

If all goes well, I will break 200 around in the last week of this goal period.

Here's the story with graphics. First, my overall (weekly) weight chart:


Next, this goal period's daily chart:



Free day food:

Breakfast
Eggs with onions, peppers and hemp seed, natural pork sausage, bagel with ricotta cheese.

Lunch 
A coupla slices of Gianni's Bronx-style pizza, heavy on the peppers, and a Diet Pepsi

Dinner
The "World-famous Philly Steak Sandwich" from Limp Lizard, with cole slaw and mac and cheese. 
From the Wegman's next door to Limp Lizard, some chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons for dessert. Yes, I ate them all. On the way home after the show.

Late Night Snack (no pic)
I had some tablespoons of Naturally More almond butter.


As always, please leave a comment if you read this blog post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome meals today!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

Hahaha - yes, I eat well on my 1-day-a-week free day. Last week, which included a better-than-a restaurant home-made meal, was even better.

Love, Dad.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home