Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 80

GOALS
  • Goal date:                     March 26, 2011
  • Weight goal:                 206.0 pounds
  • Total Inches goal:         120.9 inches
 Today's Weight:        210.4 
 Yesterday's Weight:    211.4 
 +Gain/-Loss:           - 1.0 


Please leave a comment below if you
visit here. Thank you!

One pound in the right direction! We'll take it!

Ruminations: March 26 is the 12-week mark for the diet, and the 11th weekly weigh-in. If everything goes to plan, I will have lost approximately 37 pounds from the beginning of the diet, most of which (21 pounds) will have been lost in the last 8 weeks. But the weight is... well, let's put it this way, it is the easiest measurement to track, but not really meaningful. And tracking it every day is a bit silly. The Saturday weekly measurements are really the only meaningful ones. And even they are not the most important measure. That distinction belongs to my wardrobe. Since I started this diet, I have dropped a couple of inches in my "waist" (that's in quotes because, until my girth goes down quite a bit, I have no waist. That will come... meanwhile, my pants are worn below the line I measure my waist at). I need to buy new pants. That is the simple fact. That is success.

Today's chart:



... and today's food:
Breakfast  
Big changeup! 2 whole eggs, and 2 egg whites along with my lentils and spinach. Typically, sauteed in coconut oil and topped with salsa.

Lunch
Smoked ham off the bone and black beans marinated in balsamic vinaigrette over Spring Mix greens.

Dinner

Chili (grass-fed beef, black beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, spice) over French-cut beans with some of Kokomo Slim's amazing red beans (made for red beans and rice, but wonderful without the rice).  This contains red beans, sausage of some kind, tomatoes, garlic, onions and spices, and probably a whole lot of other stuff I don't know anything about. Not shown: 1 hard-boiled egg.

Midnight Snack
OK - so this is a screwup - I ate an unknown quantity - certainly hundreds of calories worth - of walnuts right before bed. Need to go to sleep before the cravings start.


As always, please leave a comment if you read this blog post.


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations dad! I've been reading and I had no idea you lost so much weight! Keep going! I love you and am imPressed with the quality of your blog.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

Thanks! Glad you stopped in! Love you!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home