Monday, September 24, 2012

September 23, 2012 - Fast Day


September 23, 2012 (Sunday)
(Post 607, Day 267 of 2012, 632 days since original post)


Daily Comment
I'm almost completely back from my surgery - except for one small thing.

My endurance is shot. I get tired very quickly. This is probably as much to do with the 10 days of bed rest I took, as the after-effects of the surgery itself.

But it is a fact, and I'm listening to my body, and doing the right thing - going home and getting rest when I feel I need it, but I can't say this is pleasing to me. Not at all.

Today I went to the Westcott Avenue Cultural Street Festival, where friends of mine were playing on the big stage. It involved quite a bit of walking, and then about 90 minutes of standing around (well, foot-tapping and in-place dancing once the music got going). There were two bands I wanted to see, but by the end of the first band's set, I was done. All I could think about was to go home and take a nap. 

Later, I went to one of my regular jam sessions. By the time my number was called, almost two hours had passed. I played a set, and, again, show's over for me. Home and to bed. 

Of course, I paid a price for my nap and woke up at 3:30AM Monday morning (which is when I began writing this commentary).

Tomorrow I have multiple Doctor visits - one to my regular doctor, and I'm hoping to lose my high blood pressure medication, which would meet my goal of being medication-free. 

We'll see.


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        203.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    198.6 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 4.4 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment
Today's fast was a little shorter than I wanted - just over 17 hours. I got hungry, very hungry, so I had an early dinner. 

Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
Baby carrots, home-made mayonnaise and rainbow slaw (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, red and white cabbage) and hard-boiled eggs.



Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  32 oz,  Water: 88+ oz.


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home