Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 8 - One week in

I don't know whether to be happy about my one week results. Taken 4 days after my initial weigh-in,  I lost less than 2 pounds, and I'm up 2+ pounds from my lowest measured weight after that (3 days earlier). I can't congratulate myself too much. But there are 1-3/4 inches lost, and over 6 pounds from the weight I think I started at. And those results aren't bad at all.

Here are the numbers:
                          Last Week                  Today                     Difference
Weight    242.5 (est)   235.8       -6.7 lbs
%BF        31.5% (est)   31.3%      -0.2%
BMI        29.7 (est)    28.9       -0.8

Biceps     25.75         25.75
Waist      45            44.5
Hips       42            41.5
Thighs     42.75         42
Total     155.5         153.75      -1.75 in
What happened? I think my screw-up with yesterday's eating (skipping my AGG and dinner, then eating 500+ calories of off-plan nuts right before bed) messed me up more than my cheat day! Well, live and learn.

So, I was very good today, to make up for it a little bit. I drank over 3L of water and seltzer (my preferred method of drinking water) and had 2 mugs of black coffee.

Here's what I ate:

Breakfast
Typical breakfast for me these days: Baby spinach sauteed in coconut oil, with lentils and 2 organic eggs.
Lunch
Mixed spring greens salad with 4.5 oz of sliced rotisserie chicken and lentils marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette.
Dinner
Steamed brocolli and black bean and beef chili, and a side of coleslaw (made with homemade olive oil sugar-free mayo). And I had seconds on the coleslaw.

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

What are you talking about? First of all, your food looks delicious. I show it to all my friends. Second, doesn't it say you lost 6.7 pounds? Weight varies from day to day depending on your salt content. You are my hero!!!! you are doing great. Keep it up.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

Yeah, I'm not complaining about the weight I think I lost (remember, I'm guessing at my start weight) - if I'm complaining at all (I'm not!) it's because I am not at my week's lowest weight at the official weigh-in. Going forward, if I shed more than 2 pounds a week, it will be nothing but patting my own back.

And I know weighing yourself every day is ridiculous, but until I am satisfied that I am on a strong trend, I guess I'm going to be a little compulsive about it.

Remember, I have a goal to get lose 10 pounds by my birthday, only 18 days away (and a cheat day!). I'm arbitrarily making that weight 229 pounds. From this morning's weight, which I will not be publishing, I have a little more than 5 pounds to go. Achievable.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home