Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012: Post 143 Day 143


May 22, 2012


Daily Comment
It's always something:


I started doing my weekly laundry last night, only to discover the apartment's one working washing machine... wasn't working. It hadn't agitated. So, no spin dry, so my clothes came out soaking wet, with soap visibly still on the bottom-most articles of clothing.


I just sighed, got my phone, made an appointment to call the landlord ("thank you, Siri."), put money in a dryer, and resigned myself to going to a laundromat today.


I haven't been to a laundromat since 1985. 


However, at the end of the dryer cycle, my clothes were still wet, although now they were hot and wet. So, I put more money in the dryer, and let it go for another go-round. Then, up in my apartment, I fell asleep waiting for that cycle to end. 


When I woke up this morning, I decided I would just put them in their basket, and take them to work, going straight to a laundromat after, but, wonder of wonders, one of the washing machines that had been broke, was fixed! So I put some money in it and re-washed my clothes. After one cycle in the dryer, they were dry, all was happy. 


Management is going to refund my money for last night's misadventure, maybe all of it, but at least the money for the broken washing machine. And they've promised to fix the other washing machines.


I'm good until next Monday.


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        205.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    204.8 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 0.6 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.
Diet Comment:
I don't like the recent trend - I have been gaining weight for a week, and am now at my highest weight for the year, which is heavier than I'm comfortable with. Time to fall back to some eating control. I don't want to obsess about it, but I don't like it.


Also, in response to a question, here's the grocery shelf with the prepackaged Indian curries I buy:

There are other shelves in the organic section, and these days I mostly buy from the Indian grocery stores in town (better selection, prices, local).

Food Log
Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Smoked turkey breast, hard-boiled egg, Spring Mix Greens, cole slaw mix, balsamic vinaigrette.
Dinner
Wild-caught salmon with mayonnaise, tomato dal (lentils and tomato curry) and peas.

Snack
Chocolate-kale shake: Almond milk, kale, vanilla whey protein powder (24g protein), unsweetened cocoa, cinnamon, stevia-inulin blend.  

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   32 oz,   Water:96+ oz

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home