Sunday, September 30, 2012

September 28, 2012


September 28, 2012 (Friday)
(Post 612, Day 272 of 2012, 637 days since original post)


Daily Comment


Do clothes make the man? I don't think so. I hope not. I'm more of a "can't judge a book by looking at the cover" kind of guy.

I think it is easier to put up a facade by dressing to impress (no matter what impression you are trying to make) than it is to dress in a way that is an expression of your true self; and, if you are in touch with your true self, I don't think you are giving much thought to society's ideas of fashion, or, outside of the functional aspects, to what you wear at all.

In the past, I have been very self-conscious about how I dressed. I tried to express myself through clothing, but, in fact, only wore what I thought expressed the image I was trying to project.

"Image" and "project" are the key words in that last sentence.

I have always known (and admired) people who seemed to effortlessly look neat and composed, well-dressed and well-groomed. People with poise.

But I never really considered even trying to dress like that, because I thought, for a number of good, bad, physical and psychological
reasons, that I couldn't pull it off. 

Physically, I was (very) tall and skinny, not particularly well-coordinated. Off-the-rack clothes rarely fit in a way that looked neat, and I didn't have the physical coordination required for 'poise.'

Psychologically, I lacked the self-confidence, and the compensating social skills, to project the image of who I wanted to be. 

It always seemed to me that, you had to just have it, effortlessly. I never understood how it developed, what was required to 'have it.'

These days, I've given up worrying about it.

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        199.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    202.0 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     - 2.6 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011

Diet Comment
A successful 24-hour fast helped the chart today. Tonight's bachelor party might prove to be a setback. 

Food Log

Breakfast
Cocoa-kale protein shake (almond milk, whey protein (36g protein), kale, chia gel, large egg, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, stevia-erithrytol blend).

Lunch
Spring Mix with red cabbage and balsamic dressing.

Snack
Pepperoni.

Dinner
This was a bachelor party - we went to a number of places, none of which were restaurants. A lot was eaten, a little was drunk. None of it was on-plan. None of it. I don't remember much, but it did include things like popcorn, potato skins, fries, wings, burgers, nachos, M&Ms, and, finally, pie. This is what happens when, for social purposes, you cede control. Epic fail.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  32 oz,  Water: 104+ oz. Jameson's: ~4oz, and two bottles of Mich Ultra


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home