Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 24, 2012 - Cheat Day


November 24, 2012 (Saturday)
(Post 660, Day 330 of 2012, 694 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
I think I'm mostly over my illness - there's still some productive coughing, though. I can tell it doesn't sound good.

I see from Facebook that I have not suffered alone, with a few friends reporting identical health problems. In fact, from a health side of things, I appear to have recovered pretty quickly. But nobody's reporting the Thanksgiving impact my illness had.

It snowed here while I was, more or less, flat on my back. I'm not the kind of guy who looks at bad weather events as sports or other recreational opportunities, although when I was a kid, I was exactly that guy. 

I couldn't wait to get out and play in the snow when I was young. Now, it is nothing but inconvenience. Something to be endured, tolerated at best. Alex didn't see much snow in his youth in North Carolina. Now he is in LA, and if he stays there, he'll never see snow again.

I'm not certain that's a loss. None of the places I'm looking at for retirement have a possibility of snow. The closest to that is Uruguay, with four mild seasons, but no snow. This is a plus point, not totally offset by the cooler season's heating costs.

I'm rambling now. Maybe not as recovered as I thought.
 

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011
 Today's Weight:        202.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    203.6 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     - 1.2 lbs
Diet Comment
I probably shouldn't cheat at all today, but I have this pumpkin pie I bought to bring to my sister's, and it is crying out, "Eat me, eat me!" But I didn't eat that much because, as it turned out, the pie was not that good, just desperate.

Typically for a weekend day, I slept in, long past breakfast or even brunch time.
Food Summary
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Ezekiel Golden Flax sprouted grain cereal with blueberries, almond milk, and stevia blend.
  • Second Nature Wholesome Medley (dark chocolate chunks, roasted and salted peanuts, almonds and cashews, tart red cherries and dried cranberries)
Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:  18 oz,  Water: 64+ oz. 

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home