Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 85 - The day that got away.

GOALS
  • Goal date:                      April 23, 2011
  • Weight goal:                  198.0 pounds
  • Total Inches goal:         117.75 inches
  Today's Weight:        211.8 
  Yesterday's Weight:    210.6 
  +Gain/-Loss:           + 4.0 


Please leave a comment below if you
visit here. Thank you!

As has happened a few times before, my weight is up after a semi-fast. In this case, I suspect two causes for this:  The first is that, although I ate a reduced number of calories, I ate it all at the same time - this was approximately two meals' worth of calories at one sitting. The second was that I, once again, got an insufficient amount of sleep - only 4 hours.

As to the first: I know that when you consume a large number of calories like that, your insulin spikes. That means that your body goes into fat storage mode. That is the reason many diets insist you 'graze' - eat your daily quota of calories in small quantities, spread evenly throughout the day. The fact that this is a very unnatural way for people to eat does not reflect on the validity of avoiding consuming large numbers of calories (regardless their source) at a sitting. So, reason number one: My break-fast meal was too large.

As for the second, I was having a great time playing last night, and stayed up later than is good for weight loss (or day-time performance). That is the price for pursuing something I love. I am unrepentent.

I am also confident that I will resume my weight loss when I start eating regularly (not like today).

This day should have been fine. I did some things I wanted to do, a little cooking after work... but I should have made dinner. Instead, I made some mayonnaise, some hard-boiled eggs, then some of my home-made cole slaw. And, by then, I was really hungry. And I ended up overeating. Nothing off-plan, just too much. Much too much. You can see the report at dinner. I didn't even check the pic of the food, and it was messed up. So you'll just have to take my word for it.

Here's the first chart for the new goal period. I know, not pretty, but I've added weight the first 2 days, so what could you expect?



... and today's food:

 Breakfast  
Let's see: Spinach, black beans, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg. Nothing different. Wait! Fried up in macadamia nut oil! Topped with a new salsa! Bold! Very daring indeed, I must say.

Lunch
Smoked Ham off the bone with black beans and balsamic vinaigrette over Spring Mix greens.

Dinner

I took a pic, but started eating without checking, and it didn't come out. What I had was: smoked turkey and cole slaw. A lot of cole slaw. In this case, a lot means more than a pound (in fact, the whole batch that I made). And broccoli and cauliflower sauteed with onion and egg white (left over from making mayonnaise). All delicious. If I'd stopped with the portion of cole slaw I originally set out for myself, no problem with this dinner. But I didn't. Sigh.

As always, please leave a comment if you read this blog post.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home