Friday, September 23, 2011

September 22, 2011: Day 264

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

Today's Weight:        202.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    203.4 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 1.4 lbs
Daily weight since 5/30/2011.
The daily weight roller-coaster, and its attendant emotions, which I am attempting to minimize, continues.



I am trying to minimize my reaction (over-reaction?) to any given single-day measurement. Mostly, by my writings here, where I record it. 


For the most part, I think I'm successful at this. For one thing, I am minimizing the attention I give this - it is pretty much limited to the time I spend actually doing the weighing and then writing about it. The rest of the time, I don't think about it much.


The other thing I've done is to take a longer-term view. Besides the graphs I show regularly (daily and weekly weight, weekly measurements), I have built a chart for the year's daily weight. The longer-term view is very helpful at putting the daily fluctuations in perspective.



Food Log


Breakfast
Cocoa-whey egg cream protein shake: Dark cocoa and vanilla whey protein powder (w/36g of whey protein) plus an egg, coconut milk, cinnamon, and stevia-erythritol blend.


Lunch
Lox, eggs and onions and a salad of Spring Mix greens, black beans, red cabbage, and balsamic vinaigrette.
Dinner
Chili (grass-fed beef, black beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, spices) with green peas, and a salad of Spring Mix greens, red cabbage, and balsamic vinaigrette.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  22 oz,   Water: 116+ oz. 

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Well, I didn't start yesterday. I think you are right about the whole grains, though. Bread throws me off and I yearn for it. We will see. Have to just keep trying. Love you

7:57 AM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

In theory, the fiber in whole grains should make them absorb slower, create less of a glycemic impact; in practice, though, it seems that this isn't the case. I've read and repeated (because it makes sense) that mankind is not a grain-eating species. As a species, we've only understood how to make grains digestable in the last 10,000 years; the other 2 million years of our existence were spent without eating grains.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home