Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 46

GOALS
  • Goal date:  2/26/11
  • Weight goal: 217.8 pounds
  • Total Inches goal: 124-1/4
My weight this morning was a very satisfactory 218.8 pounds. This is below both the trend line and the goal lines on my graph:


Although my initial plan for the day was to eat more or less normally, with maybe a little less emphasis on protein and more beans for breakfast and lunch. Well, in the end, breakfast and lunch were business as usual.

Dinner - that was another story. The salad bar at the restaurant was unusually small (for this type of restaurant, compared with other Brazilian Chiaruscaria restaurants I have been to), and the only vegetables I could eat were the greens. Then came the 'river of meat' - 5 kinds of steak, chicken, salmon, sausage - endless. All very tasty. I must have eaten about 6 pounds. I didn't eat anything that was off-plan (eating only the inner part of some meat preparations that had a glaze, refusing all sauces). It was very good, but there was no way this was not going to pack on the pounds.
After dinner and the great show (Robert Cray and Shenekia Copeland) I dropped everybody off (I was the designated driver). On my way home, I decided, on a whim, to stop in at my favorite bar (it was on the way) to see friends and 'represent' for a few minutes before hitting the sack. What is that you're saying, "Best laid plans..."? Yeah.
The bar owner poured me some Jamerson's 12-year-old, and today became my cheat day (should have had dessert at dinner, lol).

Tomorrow I will do a semi-fast, as I have said I would do after all cheat days going forward (that means skipping breakfast and lunch). If I recover my trajectory by weighing in at or under my goal weight, I may declare last night a 'cheat meal' and proceed with my scheduled cheat day, followed by still another semi-fast.

Today's food:
   
Breakfast
Baby spinach, black beans, 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg sauteed in macadamia nut oil.

Lunch 
Tuna, lentils, and balsamic vinaigrette over baby spinach and Spring Mix greens.

Dinner
The only picture from dinner is of the salad: Romaine and mesculin with chipotle vinaigrette. What came after: sausage, salmon, 5 or 6 different cuts of steak, chicken... I'm leaving something out (but I didn't leave anything out at dinner (except maybe some sauces).


As always, please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home