Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29, 2011: Day 61, Post 209

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

Today's Weight:        205.6 lbs
Yesterday's Weight:    204.2 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 1.6 lbs
This is my daily weight chart since ending the Slow-Carb diet. July 9 was the 1st day of Phase 1, and July 23 the start of Phase 2 of The 6 week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle.


This is Day 61 post-Slow-Carb, day 7 of 14 of Phase 2 of The 6-week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle.

OK. Packing on 8 pounds in 6 days is ridiculous. Since the food that I am eating is all on the approved list, and I'm following every other recommendation, there can only be 2 explanations for this, and it could be an 'and' not an 'or' situation.

1.  I am eating too much food (calorie intake too high).
2.  I am eating too many carbohydrates (seems unlikely, since the number of available carbs in spinach and lettuce (the only source of carbs in my diet) is very low - they are mostly water and fiber, after all - but, I guess it can't be completely ruled out).

So, what to do? Well, the obvious choice is to eat less. Which started with my skipping breakfast today, although admittedly that was more of a response to my being slow to get out of bed and get to work on time. Nonetheless, I am going to cut back on quantity of food eaten.


Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped breakfast today.


Lunch
Nova smoked salmon on Spring Mix greens with homemade mayonnaise.
Snack
Pepperoni and roast turkey.

Dinner
Spinach with eggs (2) and grilled boneless pork chops with balsamic vinegar. (Not shown: Spring Mix salad with balsamic vinaigrette).


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  24 oz,   Water: 128+ oz. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home