Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 23, 2011: Post 347 (Day 356)




Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        201.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    201.0 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:        -  0.0 lbs
Daily weight from October 1, 2011. Note: November 4-13 weights are estimated.
Daily weight from January 1, 2011. Note: January 1-5 and November 4-13 weights are estimated.
No damage (or progress) from yesterday's concentrated-calorie-consumption-with-too-many-carbs.  I guess that's a good thing, if somewhat trivial.


I have found that having off-plan food around to tempt you, especially in the 'No Preparation Needed' category, leads inexorably to fails. Thanks to a wonderful Christmas gift, that is my current situation. I have cheese, crackers and almonds in the house. I love almonds and cheese, and the almonds have tempted me to a fail two days in a row (2 bags in the gift basket). Tomorrow's cheat day will clean house of the cheese and crackers.

Daily Comment
I think it surprises many people that nuts are not in my diet plan (cheese, too). Both nuts and cheese are out for a few reasons: Nuts have a great nutrient profile, but are too high in carbs and are extremely calorie-dense. And portion control is difficult (especially with salty types). 

Cheese is out because: a) it is a 'white' food (even when it isn't actually white); b) it does not have a good nutritional profile - its calcium content being its prime attribute; c) It is typically too salty. d) it has the wrong kind of protein (mostly casein, the good whey protein is mostly washed out in the process of making cheese); it does not have 'good' fat - but it does have a lot of fat; e) it is calorie- but not nutritionally- dense.


Now, I loves me some nuts and cheeses (I really, really like cheese) but it isn't good for me to eat these, so they are relegated to cheat day.


Food Log


Breakfast
Chocolate egg cream protein shake: Vanilla whey protein powder (w/36g of whey protein) plus cocoa, an egg, almond milk, an extra 5g of BCAAs, cinnamon and stevia-inulin blend.

Lunch
Smoked turkey, Spring Mix greens, black beans and cole slaw mix with balsamic vinaigrette. Not shown: cole slaw.
Snack
Olive oil and sea-salt flavored almonds.

Dinner
No pic: Venison pepperoni and a salad of Spring Mix greens, black beans and cole slaw mix with balsamic vinaigrette. 

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   32 oz,   Water: 128+ oz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home