Friday, March 30, 2012

March 29, 2012: Post 89, Day 89 - Fast Day


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        197.8 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    201.2 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 3.4 lbs

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 - March 31, 2012. 

Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:
I guess we can rule out a little cheese as the culprit in yesterday's gain. It was part of my lunch salad yesterday (in fact, so was the chili I had the night before). I am happy for this correction, of course, but really, yesterday's kilo gain and today's 3+ pound loss are aberrations. 

The thing that makes me happiest on these charts isn't the squiggly line of daily readings, it is the trend line.

Daily Comment:
Because it came up, in one of those roundabout, seemingly random ways that things so often do, today I am thinking about Miss Marlene Feingold, retired 5th-grade New York City school teacher, musician, activist and one of the most influential people in my life.  


As friends with a neighbor who was a teacher in the same elementary school (and the one I went to), I met her a few years before my brother, Andy, was in her 5th grade class. 


She gave me guitar lessons - the only music lessons I ever got in my life (unless you count the HS music class where I played sax and bassoon - but that was really self-taught - there was minimal instruction and no personal instruction at all). 


More than that, she taught me a lot about life, about human interaction, about being happy without, or in spite of, social pressure to conform. The lessons I learned (this goes back to when I was 7 and 8 years old) have stayed with me my whole life, and have always been valuable. 


I am still in touch with her, and still look for opportunities to give her credit for her good work, her life's work, and how she helped shape me.


Food Log

Breakfast


Skipped.

Lunch
Skipped.


Dinner
Spinach, eggs and chevre (goat's milk cheese) and'smoked turkey breast on a bed of Spring Mix greens and red cabbage with balsamic vinaigrette.  

Snack
Baby carrots and home-made mayonnaise.



Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   38 oz,   Water: 131+ oz

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

I wrote 2 comments before but they wouldn't post. Just went to hear ravel's bolero as a flash mob in south station. fun

3:27 PM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

Wow - that does seem like fun. What was the content of the unposted posts?

Love you,
Ken

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home