Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 25, 2012: Post 146, Day 146


May 25, 2012


Daily Comment
This is a good question: 

Why do I write this blog?

The simple answer is that I do it because I am self-centered. It is an egotistical exercise in self-advertisement.

Well, maybe, but maybe not so much. I certainly don't expect this blog to bring me any fame or glory. In fact, initially, it wasn't even about self-expression.

If you look at the original description (now amended), the blog was about my need to have accountability for my weight-loss - an audience for my pictorial food diary; the feeling that describing my dietary actions publicly would keep me on track.

That worked. To the point where it wasn't necessary to highlight the food any more, and I was bored with it. It had become, not irrelevant, but tedious. 

As a former fatty, I think I still need to watch what I eat, and keep to a plan, so there is a diet section.

But now I want to write down what I'm thinking. So the simple answer, that this is just one-person, one-handed sex, is, I think, at least partially wrong. I have other reasons, and while they still might be, in part, me stroking myself, it is at least a bit more deep and complicated.

For one, it is self-improvement. I write a page of my thoughts every day, with two hopes: First, improve my writing by practice, and second, clarify my thinking. At least it shows that I am having thoughts.

Once I start my retired life, I hope that, at least for a while, writing and photography will add some purpose, fun, and, maybe, a little spending money to my life. It will also keep me critically examining my steps, my course, my progress along the path. 

Even if that path is just a yellow-brick road.


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        200.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    202.0 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 1.6 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:
My weight is still a little high, merely a tad, not out of my range today... but not bad.

Unfortunately, this holiday weekend is not promising for weight maintenance. I have activities that will probably involve lots of food Saturday and Sunday...

And I had a lot of food at dinner - I just kept eating. Not sure what's going on with that...

Food Log
Breakfast
A cocoa-kale protein shake (almond milk, vanilla whey protein (36g protein), kale, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, stevia-inulin blend).

Lunch

Smoked turkey breast, hard-boiled eggs, Spring Mix greens, cole slaw mix, balsamic vinaigrette.

Snack
Pepperoni, baby carrots, home-made mayonnaise.

Dinner
Chili, made with grass-fed beef, mushrooms, peas, spinach, tomatoes, black beans and spices.

Snack
Baby carrots and home-made mayonnaise.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   22 oz,   Water:128+ oz

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home