Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 29, 2012: Post 150, Day 150


May 29, 2012


Daily Comment
After the Memorial Day 3-day weekend, it was back-to-work today.

I could so easily stay home, do nothing, vegetate.  It is frightening how little problem I have with that.

I never worry about boredom. I have music, books, the internet, tv, movies, photography, and on and on, to keep me busy. All these distractions.

I expect to get 'busy' with living after I have control of all my time.  In other words, when I don't have a work schedule to live around.

I don't want to give the impression I'm not enjoying life, or that I don't consider what I do now to be 'living'. Certainly, that would be a miserable existence, and I'm definitely not unhappy. In fact, I'm quite contented. 

But I do think that my 45(40 hours, plus lunch, plus commute) hours of work every week (that, yes, I am very grateful for, even when I'm there) gets in the way of the natural expression of my inclinations, my 'natural' rhythm. 

Work isn't the only thing, though. There's lots of things I want to change when I take the next step, in 3-1/2 years or so: Things like having to drive to get things. I don't want to ever own a car again. And, as pleasurable as they are, band rehearsal schedules will also get left behind. In fact, just about every regularly-scheduled thing in my current life, no matter how pleasant or currently necessary, has to subside.

I think it will be very interesting to see what I do with my time when I am free to follow my own rhythms and make appointments my way. 

That may be the thing I look forward to most about the new adventure that will start on my 66th birthday.

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        204.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    205.4  lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 1.4 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:
I now want to lose 5 pounds in the next 6 days. And I will, too.

Food Log
Breakfast
Spinach and eggs, with salsa and guacamole.

Lunch
Roasted turkey breast, Spring Mix greens, red cabbage, and balsamic vinaigrette.

Snack
Pepperoni, baby carrots, home-made mayonnaise.

Dinner
Broccoli with butter, sausages, wild-caught salmon burger, cole slaw.

Snack
Baby carrots and homemade mayonnaise.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   22 oz,   Water:128+ oz

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home