Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 23, 2012


October 23, 2012 (Tuesday)
(Post 637, Day 297 of 2012, 662 days since 1st post)


Daily Comment

I have been battling disrupted sleep for a couple of days now.

What that means is that I fall asleep early, usually unintentionally, then wake up for a few hours, fall asleep again, then wake up early, and can't get back to sleep for that last few hours.

There are a couple of problems with this. First is that my post-nap grogginess really doesn't permit much in the way of productive use of my waking time. 

OK, so, yeah, I don't put much of a premium on being productive. But the truth is, sometimes I need to be productive just to maintain myself - you know, chores and errands. True, it has been a lifetime work to keep these things at a minimum, but there is a minimum. And sleep deprivation interferes with my ability to achieve even that.

There's also the effect on my health. You need good sleep to be healthy.That is the bigger issue for me.So many human biological systems get inefficient when a person doesn't get enough sleep.

Then, of course, there's the toll it takes on performance. Intellectual, emotional, physical. All are, at best, sub-optimal. You know it isn't good when you're too tired for fun.

I've said this before: I'm not certain what solution fits my lifestyle, but I think I may have reached the point where I have to start trying stuff...


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        202.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    202.0 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 0.4 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011

Diet Comment
Hmph! Seems to me I should have lost some weight, not gained a fraction. Oh, well, it's all normal variation.

Food Log

Breakfast
Eggs with spinach, black beans and salsa.


Lunch
Wild-caught salmon, black beans, Spring Mix, red cabbage and balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner
Chili (Ground beef, red kidney beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, spices) with chia seeds, on cauliflower. Not shown: celery and home-made mayonnaise.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  30 oz,  Water: 96+ oz. 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't try so hard.
Let go
Go with the flow
Relax, as you know this too shall pass.
Thinking and striving won't do it.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sixteen ounces instead of thirty ounces of coffee per day would be more conducive to good sleep

10:23 PM  
Blogger joan said...

This is a normal variation. Although I have not strayed from my plan, I have gained 3 pounds. Oh well. Maybe the sleep is a normal variation, too. As Andy says, relax and go with it. Worrying about sleep is the main thing that interferes with it. Love you

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home