Thursday, October 25, 2012

October 24, 2012 - Fast Day


October 24, 2012 (Wednesday)
(Post 638, Day 298 of 2012, 663 days since 1st post)


Daily Comment

I am going 'round and 'round on this car thing.

Somewhere, somebody who actually likes cars gets excited at the idea of getting a new one. That person is not me.

The car I've decided on, the Kia Soul+, is a popular car, selling well. That should be a good thing, but it contains within it two problems: As a result of those good sales, the car is not available (no stock in the Northeast) in either of the two colors I like. It also makes the dealerships reluctant to discount and gives them an advantage in negotiations.

I am slogging through the buying process. I know something about this, having briefly sold cars at a dealership, a job I quit because I disliked it and everybody I was working for and with. It is unpleasant by design, and the customer is typically viewed as a sucker by the managers who ultimately make the deal.

To summarize, I am not getting good prices on a car with limited availability and none at all in the colors I want. I know how I am being viewed by the dealers I am talking with. It tires me out and feels unpleasant.

I have agreed to fill in as bass on gigs with a band of amateurs, and we had a rehearsal. Oh, boy. We will have problems. They are also bringing in a (very good) guitarist, so that's a plus. And, they want to rehearse - not for me, I can play the songs they want to do, but for them - they can't. They want me to be part of their band, and I don't want any part of the non-musical band stuff - I want to know where to show up and when.


The drummer is weak, the current (departing) guitarist is a-rhythmic, and the singers aren't familiar with some of their tunes.

This may not work out, I think, mentally shrugging.


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        203.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    202.4 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 0.6 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011

Diet Comment
This is the second day of gain where I thought I should have lost weight. We'll see if today's fast - I switched days because of eating lunch out tomorrow - has a positive effect.

Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
Chili (Ground beef, red kidney beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, spices) on spaghetti squash. Not shown: Celery with home-made mayonnaise.


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  30 oz,  Water: 96+ oz. 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home