Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 26, 2012


October 26, 2012 (Friday)
(Post 640, Day 300 of 2012, 665 days since 1st post)


Daily Comment

Some random thoughts today:

I was Skyping with Andy (I really, really like Skype), and told him I was going to add some more thoughts to my comment yesterday, but by the time I started to do that, I'd forgotten what they were.

Joan commented that she thinks expectations may come from chronic disappointment. This strikes me as chicken-egg confusion. If I understand what she means by "chronic disappointment" then it is the result of expectations continually un-met. This, in turn, creates a new expectation: that the future will continue to disappoint as it has in the past. Isn't that a self-fulfilling prophecy?

After discussions with Andy and friend Al, at lunch yesterday, I'm more convinced than ever that the Kia Soul is the car for me. I am also resigned to waiting for one in one of the three colors I find acceptable - because, to be honest, I flat-out dislike the other colors the Souls come in. The only question is really which trim level to get. Each successive trim level offers more value. I've eliminated the top one, and like the middle-level, called the Soul+. But, really, the base model may be right for me, with the lowest cost of ownership over the three-plus years I will have it. I have initiated a new search for a base model with automatic transmission.

I have begun cutting back on coffee consumption to see if it helps with my sleep "problem." I am doing things that contribute to or maybe  cause my chronically poor sleeping pattern/lack of pattern. It may be that it is not a sleep problem, but a lifestyle issue.


I saw a used 2012 Silver Kia Soul+ at a dealership today, but didn't like the way I was treated there, so went out and bought a new 2013 Titanium Soul+ from a competitor. I'll pick it up when I get back from LA. 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        201.2 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    201.6 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     - 0.4 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011

Diet Comment
OK, my 24-hour fast went well, I had a big dinner and still dropped a little weight. Normal variation. Skipped breakfast today in favor of my weekly lunch at Ling-Ling's with my pal Al.

Food Log

Breakfast
Cocoa-kale protein shake (almond milk, whey protein (36g protein), kale, chia gel, a large egg, cocoa, cinnamon, stevia-erithrytol blend).

Lunch

Roasted turkey breast, black beans, cole slaw cabbage/carrot blend, Spring Mix, balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner
Hard-boiled eggs, guacamole, sauteed asparagus.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  24 oz,  Water: 102+ oz.


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

I am feeling disappointed about my progress. Despite staying on my plan, I gained 2-3 pounds. This led to feeling out of control and to a 3 cookie 2 pieces of cake after supper binge. Now, I am feeling like changing the plan. The only thing I am doing differently is eating low fat cheese. I don't know. I think the sugar from all the fruit I was eating was not good for me. But I am in that place. I don't know. Love you

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home