Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 26, 2012


November 26, 2012 (Monday)
(Post 662, Day 332 of 2012, 696 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
So, it's a back-to-work-day, after four days off, and I'm still not feeling 'right'.

But, what are you going to do?

Besides work, I did get out address the single frustration with my new car, an intermittent problem uncovered by the salesman who delivered the car to me. It is a problem with the car's most important component: the stereo system.

In the (exactly) one week since I've owned the car, I've brought it back to the dealer four times, trying to get the unit to fail in front of a technician. I had already figured out that it was the receiver, but, understandably but infuriatingly, the dealer needed to know the problem wasn't with the wiring or the power distribution system, or because of more than one problem. And, before today, every time I brought it in, leaving it for a whole day last Wednesday (is this what made me sick?), it behaved perfectly.

Finally, today, the intermittent input/output problem with the stereo (no sound comes out, no station can be tuned, no other input source works) occurred for the service tech team. This allowed the dealership to be certain that the problem was entirely in the head unit, and they've ordered a factory replacement.

Other than that, the car is really fun to drive, and, while I'm adjusting to the differences between it and the Odyssey (which I drove for the last twelve years), it is very comfortable.

Just thought I'd give you a report. Thanks for asking. 
  

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011
 Today's Weight:        206.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    205.8 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 0.2 lbs
Diet Comment
I strongly suspected that my behavior and late eating yesterday would nullify the weight control aspects (if there are any) of my fast, and that is exactly what happened. I do better on normal eating days, which this was.
Food Log

Breakfast
Cocoa-kale protein shake (almond milk, whey protein (36g protein), kale, chia seeds, cocoa, cinnamon, stevia-erithrytol blend).

Lunch
Tuna salad on Spring Mix, red cabbage and balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner
Cauliflower faux-mashed potatoes and wild-caught salmon burgers with guacamole. Not shown: baby carrots with home-made mayonnaise (which was an appetizer).

Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:  28 oz,  Water:  68+ oz. 

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Glad the car is figured out. Your food looks so good!! Love you

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home