Sunday, December 16, 2012

December 15, 2012


December 15, 2012 (Saturday)
(Post 679, Day 348 of 2012, 715 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
After a lazy start, I reached my friend Ken's house in Raleigh exactly when I planned.

It was a pleasant enough drive, with little traffic until I got near Washington, and then a fair amount of traffic until well-past. A lot of holiday shopping traffic causing slowdowns near the exits.

The car is performing well.

I got reacquainted with Ken's daughter Kayley, now a vivacious four-year-old. We went to dinner at an Indian restaurant in a shopping center that seems to have doubled in size since my last visit.

After dinner, Ken and I went downtown to see a couple of friends' band play. I know this band doesn't represent my friends' musical ambitions (or taste), but the band was making the crowd happy, and when we got together after the break, there was a lot of warmth - I knew these guys from different scenes. One of them, the bass player, was still using an amp I sold him ten years ago. He is one of the hosts of the jam on Tuesday.

Then we left that bar and did some walking walking around, to see what had changed what stayed the same. Many of the clubs where I used to play are gone. I get a sense that there are fewer live music venues now.

Stopping in for a shot of Irish whiskey at one brought back fond memories, but most of all, walking around in the warm night air, with everything so brightly lit, and the Saturday night crowd filling the streets - something that doesn't happen in Syracuse, even in Summer - brought home the difference in feel between my old stomping grounds and the new.
  
Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011
 Today's Weight:        204.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    204.4 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     - 0.8 lbs


Diet Comment
I'm just guessing (estimating) what my weight is - I didn't weigh myself, so I have no idea. given what I ate yesterday, I'm thinking no gain, no loss.

Lunch on the road wasn't too off-plan, but dinner, with bread and rice, definitely was.

Food Log
Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
At Pandora Bread:
Bowl of black bean soup, Thai-style grilled chicken salad, both with bread.

Snack
Reese's Peanut Butter cups and dark-chocolate-coated almonds.

Dinner
At an Indian restaurant: Fish Tikka - which turned out to be a curry with salmon, onions, and peppers. Sides were rice pilaf and a couple of different Indian breads.

Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:   20 oz,  Water:  98+ oz.  Two shots of Irish whiskey.

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Sounds great. I hope to hear how the open mike goes. Love you

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home