Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 11 - Musings on weighings and feedings

The scale rewarded me today for yesterday's good day. Weight dropped from 235 to 233.8, a 1.2-pound drop in a day.

Is this meaningful? I don't think so.

I am trying to establish a losing trend. In my spreadsheet, I created a chart that shows my daily goal weights (a loss of 0.125% of  body weight every day), and actuals, and the trend formed by the actuals. Right now, the trendline is tilted on;y slightly down, and indicates I will not reach January's goal. But there aren't that many data points, and they've been all over the map.A few good days, no setbacks, and it will all line up.

And I know daily weights can vary by many pounds day-to-day. Daily weighings are crazy, OCD stuff. But, I do believe, over time, they'll give me a trend-line I can (somewhat) rely on.

So far, I have had no trouble adhering to the food rules - in the last 10 days (30 meals) I have only gone off-plan 1 time. But I have had difficulty adhering to a regular eating schedule, and every time I have missed a meal, and made it up later, my weight has been up the nest day.

I am thinking about that.

Here's what I ate today:

Breakfast
Wilted baby spinach with lentils and 2 large organic eggs.

Lunch
Sliced rotisserie chicken, peas and spring greens with balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner
Pan seared tilapia with coconut and macadamia nut oils, broccoli and lentils with butter and herbs.
Remember,  this blog is, more than anything else, a food diary, done because there is evidence that people who keep food diaries lose more weight faster than people who don't. I am choosing to keep a photo diary - I take a picture of everything I eat with my cellphone.

Please comment, question, criticize, encourage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home