Sunday, August 28, 2011

August 27, 2011: Day 90 post Slow-Carb, Post 238 - Measurement Day, Cheat Day

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

Today's Weight:        202.0 lbs
Yesterday's Weight:    205.0 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 3.0 lbs
This is my daily weight chart since ending the Slow-Carb diet.
               Last week     This week     Gain/Loss
  Weight:     201.0  lbs    202.0  lbs    - 0.2  lbs
  Chest:       39.00 "       39.00 "      - 0.00 in
  Waist:       38.00 "       37.00 "      - 1.00 "
  Hips:        37.00 "       38.00 "      + 1.00 "
  Total in:   114.00 "      114.00 "      0 0.00 "
  % Body Fat:  16.5  %       16.8  %      + 0.3  %
This is a chart of my weekly weight since ending the Slow-Carb diet.
This is a weekly chart of inches lost (sum of chest, waist, hips) since ending the Slow-Carb diet.
Today is the 90th day since I switched from the Slow-Carb Diet. Currently following the Cheat Your Way Thin (CYWT) diet plan.
After my second CYWT week, I am slightly heavier. I simply never got all the weight off from an exorbitant cheat day, and some unusual circumstances threw the timing of my meals off most days last week.

As is fairly typical for weekends, I started the day late. Mostly, I wasn't hungry, and ended up having "breakfast" at almost 6 o'clock.  I ate quite a lot in the next 4 hours, but did not eat anything too late. Still, if I had to guess, my weight will be up substantially, since I had my whole day's worth of eating and calories concentrated like that - the inevitable result is a spike in insulin, which will store the extra calories as fat.

Of course, that's what the cheat day is supposed to do - because along with the insulin hit, there is an increase in the production of leptin, which lasts longer than the insulin, and will regulate appetite as well as insulin and glucogon production - in a positive way.

That's the theory of the CYWT diet plan. Unfortunately, I seem to be eating too many calories, even thought they are the right kind.



Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.


Snack
Skipped.


Lunch
Smoothie with 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein (48g protein), 1 egg, 2C frozen spinach, 1C frozen wild blueberries, 1/2C coconut milk, cinnamon and stevia-erythritol sweetener.


Dinner
Thai salad.
Curry puffs, with a sweet honey-cucumber dip (which I didn't like).
Kwoi-Tiew-Lad-Nha - chicken and shrimp with rice noodles and vegetables in  peanut sauce.
Not pictured (but eaten): 1 chocolate-covered Joyvah halvah bar and 1 Ferrara dark chocolate with almonds bar.


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  0 oz,   Water:76+ oz. 

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Ah, Joyvah halva- a toast to dad. I have no idea what is going on. Just that you seem to be staying within 5 pounds which is a good thing.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home