Friday, August 19, 2011

August 18, 2011: Day 81, Post 229

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

Today's Weight:        199.0 lbs
Yesterday's Weight:    198.8 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 0.2 lbs
This is my daily weight chart since ending the Slow-Carb diet.
My back pain was better, but not gone, today. I took some more ibuprofen. It didn't seem to have any negative effects.

When you are eating low carb, which I am this week, the amount of net carbs is usually the only thing you have to be paying attention to. 

Most of the carbs I eat come from salad vegetables: Spinach, romaine, cabbage. These are high in water and fiber content, and as a result, usually don't count towards your carb total - I have yet to see any eating plan, high-carb or low-carb, that doesn't allow you unlimited amounts of salad vegetables. 

The other sources of carbs in my diet (when I'm going low-carb) are cheese (not many carbs in soft cheeses like ricotta and cottage cheese, but they are there, and they are sugars - but none in the hard/grated cheese I sometimes eat); nuts (low net carbs, but still, they are there, and unlike the carbs in my salads, they count); and my protein shake (low, but countable carbs, with no offsetting fiber).

Because I really, really like salads (always have), this 'out' during low-carb eating makes life very easy for me. I can eat without guilt anywhere I can get some unadorned protein (unadorned means not breaded or sweetened) and a salad.


I had a bit of a fail last night. I wasn't satisfied after eating my planned dinner, and found myself adding a lot of cheese - because that was what was both available and sort-of on plan. But cottage cheese has milk sugar in it, and is fairly calorie-dense. Parmesan and Romano cheeses have lower carbs per serving, but are still fairly calorie-dense, and I had a lot of it.


On the plan, low-carb days are also supposed to be reduced calorie days - today was not that. Another negative, the balance of calories were eaten after 8pm. If I had to guess, I would say I doubled the days previously-consumed calories after 8pm today. 

Food Log


Breakfast
Spinach and mozzarella cheese omelet with salsa.
Snack
No snack before lunch.


Lunch
Smoked turkey on baby spinach, romaine and cabbage salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Snack
2 ounces of almonds, brazil and walnuts, plus baby carrots.
 
Dinner

Chicken sausage with spinach and feta cheese, with broccoli with butter and herbs.  Not shown: a mozzarella cheese stick.
Snack

Cottage cheese and celery. Parmesan and Romano cheese shavings.


Snack
Protein Shake: Whey protein powder with 48g of protein.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  48 oz,   Water: 140+ oz. 

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Thank you for the pics. He is adorable. You are under 200 pounds. Celebrate it!!!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home