Monday, August 29, 2011

August 29, 2011: Day 92 after Slow-Carb, Post 240

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

Today's Weight:        205.2 lbs
Yesterday's Weight:    205.4 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 0.2 lbs
This is my daily weight chart since ending the Slow-Carb diet.
This falls into the category of: At least there was no gain!

In theory, I should have been at my goal weight 3 months ago. That was when, after I stalled out on Slow-Carb, I decided to try other programs that had worked for me in the past. Now I'm thinking about changing back. I'm thinking about a single modification I could make to the Slow-Carb diet that might restart my weight loss, which has, for all intents and purposes, been stalled for the last 4 months.  Four months ago, I weighed a little less than I do now. 

During that time, I lost about 12 pounds - and since then, have yo-yo-ed up and down in a 7 pound range - no loss seemed sustainable.


I still don't understand why. Which is to say, the theories of all the diets that I have tried this year do not predict or deal with this. Part of the problem is no doubt related to lifestyle:  I frequently get too little sleep, and frequently modify my meals - within the food-type limitations of the diet du jour - and end up with higher calories consumed. Although I am not a believer in the calories in-calories out theory of weight loss (create a calorie deficit to lose weight), there is certainly a case to be made that the surplus calories I consume may be affecting my weight loss.


That being the case, the Slow-Carb diet represents my most recent success. That it also represents a failure for me means I cannot go back and restart with no modifications. I am thinking about starting the day with a protein shake, then following the rest of the guidelines for my other 2 meals.



Food Log


Breakfast
Spinach, mozzarella, eggs with chipotle sauce. And coffee.
Lunch
Tuna salad (with celery and homemade mayonnaise) on red cabbage and Spring Mix greens.
Snack
Pumpkin seeds, Greek yogurt, baby carrots.

Dinner 
Grass-fed ground beef with salsa with a salad of baby spinach and romaine and red cabbage, with homemade mayonnaise with caraway seeds. Not shown: Mozarella cheese, cottage cheese and celery. 


Snack
Protein Shake: Whey protein powder with 48g of protein.


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  22 oz,   Water: 106+ oz. 

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

I am always amazed at your resilience. Good idea. I think it is good to not let your body get used to any one way of eating. love you

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home