Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 30, 2011: Day 93 after Slow-Carb, Post 241

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

Today's Weight:        203.2 lbs
Yesterday's Weight:    205.2 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 2.0 lbs
This is my daily weight chart since ending the Slow-Carb diet.


A nice drop - now I'm ahead of last week, and I hope to be further ahead by not having screwed up the day's eating in any way.  

Still, the modified (shake for breakfast) Slow-Carb eating plan is looking more and more attractive to me. Reasons? 


For one thing, I have a problem, given my regular schedule (which is, actually, not so regular, being completely different on weekends than weekdays) of eating 6 times a day. For another, I don't want to track calories, or worry about portion control when it comes to eating things that are good for me. Another is that I like the idea of keeping things simple, which means eating mostly the same meals all the time. 


Lastly, the 'straw that broke the camel's back' on SCD was constipation, a problem that did not go away when I switched diets. But I think I have fixed that problem now: By eating cabbage every day, and chewing xylitol gum and changing my daily probiotic supplement, I have been nice and regular, thank you.

Oh, a semi-fail today: It was supposed to be a moderate carb day, and I forgot. Will be having one Thursday, instead.

Food Log


Breakfast
Spinach, mozzarella, eggs with balsamic vinaigrette. And coffee.
Lunch
Smoked turkey with tomatoes and red cabbage on a salad of baby spinach and romaine lettuce, with balsamic vinaigrette.

Snack
Almonds and brazilnuts and Greek yogurt.

Dinner 
Grass-fed ground beef with whole-seed Dijon mustard and a salad of baby spinach, romaine and red cabbage, with balsamic vinaigrette. Not shown: Mozarella cheese. 
Snack
Protein Shake: Whey protein powder with 48g of protein.


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  24 oz,   Water: 104+ oz. 

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Great. Glad for you. keep it going. love, Joan

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home