Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 27, 2011: Day 269

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

Today's Weight:        203.8 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    202.4 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 1.4 lbs
Daily weight since 5/30/2011.
Yes, eating an entire extra meal, full calories, will have an effect on your metabolism, your hormonal balance, and, therefore, ultimately, your weight. The effect on weight, predictably, is not positive unless you are trying to gain weight. Which I 'm not.


Hopefully, today will be better.


I have come to the conclusion that the missing thing for me is exercise. I have mentioned this before.

Every attempt to incorporate some exercise into my daily routine has faltered. Similar to my diet attempts, I have some parameters for what my exercise has to have in it. 

  1. Because I live in Syracuse, a place where the weather more often than not imposes restrictions on outdoor exercise, it has to be something I can do indoors, and something that doesn't take up much floor space or use machinery. 
  2. It has to be something I can do without pain/injury. 
  3. It has to be something I find enjoyable, or at least not so unpleasant that I work out excuses to not do it.  Which also means, it cannot take too long.

The most difficult barriers are with the first requirement. Not only is my apartment small, it is cluttered and messy, and not laid out for exercise. I have been avoiding dealing with this since I moved in last February. I do work in fits and starts, but with more things coming into apartment than are going out, it seems that the problem is growing. I have to deal with this, but am having difficulty taking it on, because breaking it down into manageable jobs doesn't end satisfactorily. Until I can fix this, my best hope is to get a little exercise on a catch-as-catch-can basis - and maybe during working hours. I have invested in several exercise programs, at least two of which seem very do-able. So, maybe soon.



Food Log


Breakfast
Cocoa-whey egg cream protein shake: Dark cocoa and vanilla whey protein powder (w/36g of whey protein) plus an egg, coconut milk, extra BCAAs, and stevia-erythritol blend.


Lunch
Tuna-celery-dal fry on red cabbage and Spring Mix greens. I am certain I am the first person in the world to make tuna salad with dal fry instead of mayonnaise.
Dinner
Chicken-spinach-feta cheese sausage with red kindey bean curry and spinach. Not shown: carrots and celery with home-made herbed mayonnaise.
Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  22 oz,   Water: 96+ oz. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home