Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 27, 2012: Post 58, Day 58


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        199.8 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    204.0 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 4.2 lbs

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 - first quarter.

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 - year 2012.



I don't know if it is right to celebrate such a big one-day weight loss when I didn't respond much to the big one-day-entirely-expected post-cheat weight gain that has now been erased.

Is my body finally sorting out this latest eating/lifestyle wrinkle - fasting - and beginning to react in expected ways like gaining weight after a binge, and losing weight after a fast? That doesn't seem like it should be so difficult, right? But historically, a weight drop has not accompanied fasting.


Daily Comment
Today I'm thinking about being exactly 3 years from the date I have set to retire. Three years. 

So far, most of the people who I've aired my plans to have been supportive (depending on which location is at the top of my list). Central and South American destinations have gotten the most negative responses - but only from some friends reminding me that years ago, I made a statement that I would never "live in a place where Spanish is the national language." Although that statement was made largely in ignorance of all the wonderful places that it included, it was honest at the time - I had had some significant turnoffs originating in Mexico, Colombia and Spain. Times change. 

All three of those places seem very attractive to me today (Colombia is actually in my top 5). Unlike almost all of my friends, there are no European locations - right now - on my top 5 list, and when most of my friends think about living overseas, they are typically only considering Europe, or occasionally, the Caribbean (no top 5 picks for me there, either). 

Southeast Asia (Chiang Mai, Thailand and Penang, Malaysia are number 1 and 2, respectively), and South America (Colombia, Ecuador and Uruguay: 3, 4 and 5) are the places that seem right to me now.


Three years. A lot will change. The biggest challenge is downsizing my possessions to make the move possible. The move, the travel - once I'm unencumbered, that's the easy part.



Food Log

Breakfast
Chocolate egg cream protein shake (vanilla whey protein powder (w/36g of whey protein) plus an egg, cocoa, almond milk, cinnamon and stevia-inulin blend).

Lunch
Smoked turkey breast with Spring Mix greens, red cabbage and balsamic vinaigrette.
Snack 
Baby carrots.


Dinner
Grass-fed ground beef with chipotle sauce and red cabbage slaw. Side of cauliflower and peas in butter sauce.

Snack 
Chocolate protein shake (vanilla whey protein powder (24g of whey protein) and cocoa, almond milk, cinnamon and stevia-inulin blend).


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   22 oz,   Water: 128+ oz

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Wow- doing great. I'm not commenting on retirement plans.
love you

8:49 AM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

Thank you. That's all right - you can reserve any comment on my retirement musings (hard to call them plans, they're so open right now) until the spirit moves you.

Love,
Ken

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home