Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30, 2012: Post 151, Day 151


May 30, 2012


Daily Comment

Am I too involved with the internet? 

Probably. I go to the internet for a lot of things, a lot of reasons. And I spend too much time there.

I've cut down on the amount of time I spend on Facebook, and I don't get on every day (besides, it pushes stuff to my phone). 


But my email is very active, and I like to keep up with and do maintenance on that.

I also get movies and some TV shows on the web.

I constantly use the web to explore topics of interest to me: Music, photography, food, and foreign retirement destinations. For that matter, I subscribe to email letters and blogs on those topics, as well.

And that is just what I do on the internet. 

The total amount of time I spend on the computer, not just browsing the internet, makes that my number one recreational activity, on a par with sleeping. Not that high a bar, I don't sleep much enough.

What does all this mean? Well, maybe my social skills are atrophying. Maybe it contributes to a certain lack of movement when it comes to doing unpleasant things (which mostly includes housework and exercise). My computer is certainly the go-to distraction when I am procrastinating.

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        202.8 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    204.0  lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 1.2 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:
I am on track to be under 200 pounds by Saturday. I don't like the fact that there are two spikes of my highest 2012 weight in the same week.

Food Log
Breakfast
A cocoa-kale protein shake (almond milk, vanilla whey protein (36g protein), kale, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon, stevia-inulin blend).

Lunch
Skipped. I had a late breakfast.

Snack
Celery and home-made mayonnaise.

Dinner
Chicken, peas, and tomato-lentil curry.


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   32 oz,   Water:96+ oz

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

It is so wierd. I am so grateful to my schedule for getting me up and out and doing things. I have known since I was a kid that I would stay home and read all the time with no structure. That is why I went to college when no one else did. I needed something. I felt like such a failure as a hippie. I would never opt to have nothing to do for more than a few days. I think I would become monumentally depressed. Love you

9:06 AM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

Well, you know, that could happen to me. Right now, lying around in bed seems like an acceptable alternative to whatever it is that I would have to do when I got out of bed, but that could change when there isn't anything I HAVE to do when I get up.

I am able to get up and moving when there is a compelling reason to do that, without anxiety or problems. But ordinary scheduled stuff, you know, like work, doesn't provide that motivation...

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home