Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 18, 2012


December 18, 2012 (Tuesday)
(Post 682, Day 351 of 2012, 718 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
The day of the jam - I get 3 songs with a couple of players (guitar and harp) from my past, and a couple of strangers to me. 

From the left, Jimmy on guitar, Max on drums, Dan on guitar, Don on harp, and me.
I think I've played with the drummer's father, though.

The harp player, Don, was someone I played with at the old Berkeley jams, that ended in 2008.

I never played with Dan at the Berkeley, but he was one of many guitarists I played in a pick-up Dixieland band Saturday mornings in front of downtown classic breakfast joint, Big Ed's. I did that a lot for about three years. Dan was one of a bunch of excellent musicians playing for breakfast and tips.

But I digress.

Each guitarist did a number, then I taught them my Syracuse jam song, Bill Withers' Who is He (and What Is He To You)? which takes 30 seconds to teach. I think everyone had a great time. I got a shout-out as I left the stage, for having been one of the originals at the jam, and for traveling the furthest to play that night. And that was my twenty minutes. 

However, I did get a lot of love from the musicians who turned out - and the turnout was excellent -  and a few of my friends showed up to hear it. It was an excellent time, and was very gratifying.

I think I can close the door on North Carolina, now.  
  
Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011
 Today's Weight:        206.6 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    205.6 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 1.0 lbs


Diet Comment
I'm guessing that I gained a pound with yesterday's cookie eating and beer drinking. Today is more of the same, maybe with the addition of some landmark eating.

Food Log
Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
At CookOut:
A Huge, Cheddar Style (two 1/4 pound patties, bacon, cheddar cheese and fried onions) and a coffee shake.

Snack
I had a King cafe Americano and a giant organic chocolate chip cookie at Cup o' Joe's in Raleigh.

Dinner
Second Nature Wholesome Medley (dark chocolate chunks, roasted and salted peanuts, almonds and cashews, tart red cherries and dried cranberries). I bought a big bag for the trip tomorrow, but got so late with visits that I ended up skipping dinner, and broke it open.

Snack
More Second Nature Wholesome Medley.

Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:   22 oz,  Water:  112+ oz. 

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home