Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 19, 2012 - Travel Day


December 19, 2012 (Wednesday)
(Post 683, Day 352 of 2012, 719 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
My trip home was eventful for only two reasons: 

I learned a great new route that completely avoids Washington, DC driving between North Carolina and Syracuse. Thanks Al. (You take Rte 17 N at Fredricksburg, then take I-66 W to I-81 N - if you didn't hit traffic going to and around Washington, DC, this route would take 20 minutes longer. But no traffic around DC has never happened since the mid-20th century).

I got stuck for a little over an hour on I-81 outside of Scranton, just over two hours away from home. I was merging into a one-lane construction zone when there was some kind of breakdown or accident ahead of me. It took a while to clear.

The total time for the trip, including stops for food and gas, and the delay on I-81, was twelve hours and 40 minutes.   
  
Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011
Food and Diet Section
 Today's Weight:        209.2 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    206.6 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 2.6 lbs


Diet Comment
I think I gained a couple of pounds with yesterday's totally cheating diet, that lasted well into the wee hours of the night. Given my eating today, I'm guessing tomorrow's actual weight will be over 210. Tomorrow, we'll have an actual and we'll see how good my guesses are.

Food Log
Breakfast
At a Subway in a gas station/convenience store in Virginia: a 6" Breakfast whole-grain sub with eggs, turkey, bacon, lettuce and tomato.

Lunch
Second Nature Wholesome Medley (dark chocolate chunks, roasted and salted peanuts, almonds and cashews, tart red cherries and dried cranberries).

Dinner
A chicken and steak burrito, with rice, black beans, sauteed onions and peppers, guacamole, cheese and lettuce.

Snack
Ezekiel Golden Flax sprouted grain cereal with blueberries, almond milk and stevia-inulin blend.

Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:   42 oz,  Water:  88+ oz. 

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

I think it is great that you went and had a great time. Now, what is the schedule for coming to see me? I know you told me but tell me again. Love you.
I also have to say that it makes me feel better knowing that you have gone off your plan and come back cos I have been totally off plan for two days and am feeling really anxious about it.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

For whatever good it may do, can I point out that getting anxious is bad for weight loss? OK. Simple fact is, nobody's perfect all the time, and everybody's perfect some times. I go 'off' plan when I feel that will work best for me; and, of course, sometimes I just can't resist temptation. When it happens, I forgive myself, and go back to doing what works.

So far, that's worked out well for me.

I will be there Saturday afternoon. I'll call on the way to give you a more accurate ETA.

Love you!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home