Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 53 - Trouble?

GOALS
  • Goal date:                     Feb 26, 2011
  • Weight goal:                217.8 pounds
  • Total Inches goal:      124.25
Today's Weight:        218.8
Yesterday's Weight:    218.4
Gain/Loss:             + 0.4

What is going on? I don't know, but I have stalled, even, slightly reversed. I am now above both the trendline and the goal line. I am searching for an explanation.

Some observations: The only "new" addtitions (all in-plan foods) are guacamole, chick peas, and natural, nothing-added roast turkey. I have been somewhat irregular this week - which is to say 'transit time' has become very, very long. My activity level has been the same. I have been drinking as much or more water, and about the same amount of coffee, as usual.

If my weight isn't down to daily goal tomorrow morning (admittedly, this would be a rather unusual 1-day change, but not without precedent), I will do another semi-fast, to try and salvage the goal.

Still keeping the faith.



Today's food:

Breakfast
Baby spinach, black beans, 2 egg wiites, one large egg, sauteed in coconut oil, topped with salsa.

Lunch
Roast turkey and lentils with balsamic vinaigrette over Spring Mix greens. 

Dinner
Chili (black beans, grass-fed beef, tomatoes, spices) over cauliflower, topped with guacamole.

As always, please leave a comment if you read this blog post.

4 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Ken- given how quickly you have lost weight, you are of course going to stabilize and lose less slowly as you go on. You just have to keep on going and it will come off. Don't beat yourself up. You are doing great.

1:44 PM  
Blogger joan said...

Also- probably not good to fast- will only make your metabolism slow down. Just keep up what you've been doing. It works

1:45 PM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

The 'fasts' I'm talking about I call semi-fasts. I skip breakfast and lunch, thereby reducing the number of calories I eat in a day. Since all my meals are the same, I don't have to make any adjustment for dinner. I drink plenty of water (and coffee), and really, do not get hungry. And it doesn't seem to have much affect on my metabolism at all. In fact, I just read an article that says skipping breakfast and/or eating much fewer calories after a binge is very effective at balancing your hormones, since this is the way paleo man did it: After the hunt, a feast, then, much lower calories consumed.

But, as it turns out, this wasn't necessary anyway - see today's post (Friday, 2/25/11) and you will see how it all evens out. I lost over a pound overnight, so today was a regular meal day. I will probably continue to do a semi-fast on Sundays, the day after my cheat day, because A) It is convenient, and 2) It seemes to spur on a recovery to weight loss after the expected spike in weight that has always accompanied cheat day.

Love you,
Ken

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home