Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 1, Post 148 Starting Measurements

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 

    Weight:          208.8 pounds
    Chest:            40.0 inches
    Waist:            39.0 inches
    Hips:             38.0 inches
    Total inches:    117.0 inches


This is where we start. My goals are to lose 3 inches from my waist, and drop another 20 pounds or so.  


My plan to do this is relatively simple: Eat a diet that contains less than 60 grams of carbohydrates a day, with no more than 25g of carbs at any single meal. Eat 4 or 5 meals per day. The amount of carbohydrate I eat is the only number I count. I'm not counting calories, or the amount of protein or fat. Wednesdays and Saturday dinners are the exception: These are carb-load meals, with unlimited carbs (preceded by very low carb eating). Except at the carb-load meals, I intend to eliminate grains from my diet. I will also be avoiding trans-fats and vegetable oil.


The only other feature of the diet is that there are unlimited amounts of some vegetables that do not count towards my carb limits.

I will continue doing the PAGG (Policosinol, ALA, Green Tea extract, Garlic extract) according to my current protocol (3 AGG, 1 PAGG 6 days per week (Tuesday off); one week off every 8 (next is coming in mid-June). I really don't know if this is effective for weight loss or not, but I have the pills, there are benefits other than weight loss to all of them, so I'm thinking, "chicken soup" (for those of you who didn't grow up in NY, that's shorthand for, "It couldn't hurt...").


Today, I started somewhat off-plan, in that I only had two actual meals, later in the day. Breakfast was at around 3pm, dinner at 8pm. I had, for the second day in a row, slept in, and had no hunger earlier. By the time dinner came around, I was hungry. I did manage to keep the carb count under the limits, but just barely, because while my main dish had no countable carbs (broccoli is unlimited and doesn't count towards the meal, the bowl of cereal I had after had about 30 grams and the almond milk had 7; the cottage cheese had 6. Breakfast had about 20g of net carbs for a day total of 63, above where I wanted to be, but I'm finished with the cereal, and have plans for much more limited carbs in my diet going forward.


This time, I'm going to work into an exercise program. I intend to do some  short duration workouts utilizing kettlebell swings, and short duration high-intensity intervals.




Food Log
Breakfast
     This was a protein shake made with 2 eggs, unsweetened vanilla almond milk (2 g carb), kale, blueberries (12 g carb), 3T shelled hemp seeds (1 g carb), 1/2C yogurt (3 g carb), inulin and stevia.
    Carb count: 18 g.
Note:   Only the ingredients with carb counts contribute to the meal and daily total carb count.

Dinner 
Broccoli-cheese casserole (broccoli, cheese, 2 eggs, onions and peppers, walnut oil, salsa) (5 g net carbs), Not shown: small bowl of Ezekiel sprouted grain cereal with unsweetened almond milk (39 g net carbs) and 1/2 C 2% cottage cheese (2g net carbs),
    Carb Count:  46g.




Day total carbs:  64 g.


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  24 oz,   Water: 80+ oz. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home