Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 147 - A New Beginning

 Goal Weight: 188 pounds 

It is the first post-SCD post. 


It is the Sunday of the 3-day Memorial Day weekend. I will be feasting. I will, mostly, be ignoring any diet. I will have alcohol (responsibly). I will be with friends I love. I will be happy. 


I will not miss a day of blogging, even though I will, inevitably, be playing catch-up and writing this the day after.


I will not weigh myself today - that will come tomorrow, and that will establish my base weight for the coming days. Tomorrow I will exercise. A little.


I will define my coming diet plan fully, tomorrow. 


I have only one picture, of breakfast:
Coffee and sausages, and a cheese omelette (1 whole egg, 2 egg whites) with spinach and hemp seed and peppers and onions.


Things I ate and drank the rest of the day: Wasabi peanuts (there was 8 hours of driving involved) and 64+ ounces of water in the car, grilled chicken breast and cole slaw (too sweet), a Hebrew National 'chubbie' (1/4-pound beef hot dog) with sauerkraut, a barbecue short rib, guacamole, a grilled portobello mushroom with chevre and pesto, 3 good-size glasses of wine, rum cake (2 small, very intense pieces), a slice of chocolate/raspberry torte, 1 espresso, 1 americano, and 1 cup perked coffee. 


But the food (excellent, every bite enjoyable) was not nearly as good as the friends I shared this feast with. In a beautiful setting in a the Mohonk valley, I was at a gathering of old friends, most of whom I have known for 50 years, some of whom I have known practically my whole life. The day was warm, but not too-warm, the conversation was full of laughter, there were smiles after smiles. And kids. And grandkids. And a pervasive atmosphere of well-being.


An afternoon extremely well-spent.


Drivingback to Syracuse, I decided to stop at a local jam session, the first I ever went to in this area, where I was also warmly welcomed, and got some playing time in. More good times.


By the time I got home (around 1am), 4 hours had passed since I last ate, so I had a bowl of Ezekiel sprouted cereal with blueberries and almond milk (and a little stevia for sweetener) with some more water to drink and take my before-bed supplements and medicine. 


It was a beautiful day, a beautiful night, and a wonderful interlude. See you tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Happy new beginnings. love you, Joan

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home