Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 28, 2011: Post 300


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        202.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    201.8 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 0.6 lbs
Daily weight from October 1, 2011.
Daily weight from January 1, 2011.
This is my 300th consecutive, haven't-missed-one-in-2011 post. 64 to go this year (January 1 was day zero). Unfortunately, I celebrated with an unplanned cheat. See the comment below.


Daily Comment
I have mentioned here that one of the biggest hurdles I have to overcome is my chronic sleep deprivation. I never seem to get enough good sleep. Even when there's no wake-up alarm (weekends), I wake up and I am listless, not well-rested, and lie around in bed. For hours, sometimes.

Luckily, it does not typically show in any socially unpleasant ways (grouchiness, hyper-sensitivity), but it does have an effect on weight loss and maintenance, because you need good sleep to keep weight off. However, another way it sabotages you, is that, when you're tired, you are prone to mistakes and I made one today. I was bonking an hour after lunch, and while I was making coffee, I was offered a jelly donut. I didn't think twice, and accepted it, and, back at my desk at work, scarfed it down, not only without thinking, but without even any awareness. Or enjoyment.


Yes, I blame lack of sleep.

Food Log


Breakfast
Scrambled eggs, spinach, pinto beans and chipotle sauce with sausages.
Lunch
Tuna salad, Spring Mix greens, black beans, red cabbage, tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette.
Snack
A jelly donut.


Dinner
Chili (grass-fed ground beef, mushrooms, tomatoes pinto beans, spices) with string beans.
Midnight Snack
Baby carrots, celery, bacon and home-made spicy mayonnaise.


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  32 oz,   Water: 80+ oz. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home