Saturday, January 28, 2012

January 27, 2012: Post 27, Day 27




Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        202.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    202.8 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 0.8 lbs
Daily weight from December 31, 2011 - first quarter.
Daily weight from December 31, 2011 - year 2012.

Looking to get back to the low end of my weight.  Getting there...

Daily Comment
Yesterday I wrote about a singer who impressed me purely with her vocal quality. Last night, after I wrote that, I was treated to an example of singers (both established and successful - locally) who I responded to in an opposite way. 


One was a 'converted' karaoke singer. Her voice is good (not great), but when she performs, she brings a music stand and a book of song lyrics with her. Her band performs the music behind her 'just like the record.' In other words, she is performing karaoke with a live band. Because she is addicted to reading lyrics (I think that by now, she knows them and doesn't really need to read them) her performance is, to me, flat and unconvincing. I can't even imagine how someone who has one eye on a lyric sheet can give a song any depth. She has asked me to join her group a few times, and I have declined. But she has a product that sells well locally. More power to her.


Last night I played behind the other singer I'm talking about. I like the fact that she comes out 'to jam' with the guys, and she is sweet and attractive and a good performer. I have never heard her sing with her own band - and would guess she's much more comfortable in that environment, and possibly gives good vocal performances, but the other times I have heard her, she did not sing well. She is pitchy - I think she gets lost when she is backed by musicians who don't perform her songs the way she is used to, and can't find the key to the song. So she sings out of tune. But her band also gets plenty of gigs.


I want a singer who hits all the notes, in both pitch and emotion.



Food Log


Breakfast
Chocolate egg cream protein shake (vanilla whey protein powder (w/36g of whey protein) plus cocoa, 2 eggs, almond milk, cinnamon and stevia-inulin blend).


Lunch
Roast turkey breast with Spring Mix greens, Red kidney beans, red cabbage and balsamic vinaigrette. 
Dinner
Grass-fed beef burger with salsa, and Dal Tadka (lentil curry) with peas. 
Snack
Roast turkey with whole-seed Dijon mustard and baby carrots, celery, and homemade mayonnaise.


Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   30 oz,   Water: 96+ oz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home