Monday, April 16, 2012

April 15, 2012: Post 106, Day 106 - Fast Day


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        203.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    199.2 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 4.2 lbs

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 -June 30, 2012.

Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:

A big one-day gain. Without photos and additional comments, it is difficult to convey how much I ate yesterday. It was a massive amount, and eating was very nearly continuous. 


I'm not certain whether today's fast, which, again, was short of 24 hours, will erase it all. 

Daily Comment:
I had such a good time, yesterday. At my brother's, where we got into some music (even some of mine!), and I had a wonderful time.

Then later, with an old friend I hadn't seen this millenia, and some more friends I hadn't seen in many months. 

Before and after dinner, there was a lot of conversation about my plan to expatriate. I don't expect most people to understand or embrace  this idea. It is so radical to people, but there was an interesting mix yesterday. I view this so positively, but it is a fearful prospect to so many, and there was certainly a lot of doubt thrown my way. 


One of my friends, decades ago, actually visited many of the places I am looking at for retirement. He quite definitely favored Chiang Mai, Thailand over Penang, Malaysia, and those two over Colombia, Ecuador and Spain. That was how he sorted my top 5 list, and that is also the order he ranked those places in, and, coincidentally, my ranking order as well. 


Another person pointed out that I could manage in the US, and I said, "I'm not really looking at finding a way to stay here. Given the places I could afford in the US, I think my quality of life will be much better if I expatriate."


If I'm wrong, I'll have to find a way to make it here in the US. Which I will, somehow. 

Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.
 
Lunch
Skipped.


Dinner
Skipped.

Snack
Kale smoothie: kale, almond milk, an egg, vanilla whey protein powder (36g protein), vanilla, cinnamon, stevia-inulin blend.

Liquid Intake 
    Coffee:   32 oz,   Water:168+ oz

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

I am glad other people don't want you to leave. I know it is not generous of me but there, I have said it. It also sounds like you had a great time and are still within your range- yay love

8:29 AM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

I fully understand that my friends and family would like to keep me closer at hand.

The thing is, as far as I can figure it, once I stop working, expatriating will give me a better opportunity to visit and spend time with everybody. Too much of my fixed income would be spent on the necessities of life (food, shelter, medical needs, transportation) in this country to allow me much of a budget for the kind of travel that visiting my geographically dispersed loved ones would require.

Whereas, my current idea of expatriation includes at least 2 months of time with friends and family in the US. This is only do-able because of the lower cost of living outside this country, allowing me to save money for big-ticket items like a couple of months living and traveling around the US.

Very much still in range. Nothing about my weight these days seems remarkable to me. I've settled into a nice eating routine that I think I can live with long-term.

Love you,
Ken

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home