Tuesday, April 17, 2012

April 16, 2012: Post 107, Day 107


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        199.8 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    203.4 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 3.6 lbs

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 -June 30, 2012.

Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:

All things considered, a good loss. We'll just have to see how today's regular eating day effects things. 

Daily Comment:
I had a very good playing night last night, after a tiring drive up from NYC. People often are surprised at how much I do, going out and playing all the time, but to me, it is my top reason to be awake. And it refreshes and invigorates me. I would say it justifies everything else I do.

And may well be, along with my friends and family, the only thing I'll miss about the US while I'm on the first leg of my retirement world tour. Once I settle somewhere, I will return to playing, but for a year or so, that won't happen. Speaking of which, some friends have been (mildly) supportive, but have questioned my decision to retire 11 months before my full social security kicks in. 


That decision is based mostly on two ideas: First, the sooner the better. My timeline represents the earliest retirement date that is reasonable, actionable, and available. Yes, those 11 months will cost me over $2700/year for the rest of my life. I am hoping that I am never in a situation where that money makes an important difference. No small consideration was given to the timing. 

I have, since I decided on this course of action, always said that I remain open to changing ideas, which I am certain will occur in the 3 years before retiring. If there are compelling reasons to change the timeline, the possible locations, or even the whole idea of expatriation, I am open to them. It is a little hard for me to imagine what those reasons might be, but I have never been good at predicting the future.

Food Log

Breakfast
Spinach and eggs with salsa.
Lunch 
Roasted turkey breast with Spring Mix Greens, red cabbage, and balsamic vinaigrette.
Snack
Pepperoni.


Dinner 
Chicken sausage with tomato, basil and mozzarella and faux mashed potatoes (cauliflower, butter, almond milk, salt and pepper).
Snack
Baby carrots with balsamic vinaigrette.

Liquid Intake 
    Coffee:   38 oz,   Water:116+ oz

2 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Loving you feeling this good.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

And I love feeling this good.

And I love you, too.
Ken

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home