Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 18, 2012: Post 109, Day 109


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        202.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    200.0 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 2.0 lbs

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 -June 30, 2012.

Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:

I admit it: I'm feeling a bit on the negative side of neutral about today's (yesterday's, really) weight gain. I believe the midnight mayonnaise and celery snack is the culprit. Hopefully, I'll do better today, skipping breakfast to enjoy lunch at Star North.

Daily Comment:
I found an incredible deal for a DSLR and an upgrade lens - but it turns out the deal is too incredible to be real: The company is not ethical, or legitimate. 

They remove items packaged with the camera and charge you extra for them. There are unpublished hidden charges (shipping is free, but 7% is added for insurance). They don't send you an invoice for your order until after it is 'confirmed' which is when they tell you about the accessories you have to buy to make the camera useable, and try to 'upsell'. 

It reminded me of an episode that happened to me when I was 13 years old. 
I was trying to buy a telephoto lens for my cheap East German 35mm camera, and I went to a  store that advertised a great price (and one that, after a year of saving, I could afford). I went to the store, which had the lens in the window at the price quoted in the ad, and a salesman told me they were out of stock in that lens, but had a (much more expensive) lens that was better than the low-quality, terrible lens I was trying to buy (anyway). 
I asked if I could have the lens in the window for the advertised price, and was told if I got that, there would be an 10% 'restocking charge (!) and, in any case, I would have to buy the accessories that came with it - a bag for the lens, and the protective lens caps, and the price would come to 'almost as much' as the not-shitty lens he had in stock to sell me. When I explained that I only had enough money for the lens at the advertised price, no extras, the salesman started yelling at me and told me to get out of the store.

It was a disappointing, scary experience. Ultimately, though, it was an excellent lesson, and it served a valuable purpose.

To be sure, the transaction for the camera was cancelled with considerably less trauma (no abusive salesman), but, of course, I'm not 13 any more.

Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.
 

Lunch
At Star North Buffet and Grill:
Counter-clockwise, from 1 o'clock: Kimchi; steamed fish in egg drop soup; sauteed zucchini, stringbeans, broccoli, and celery; hibachi grill with shrimp, chicken, broccoli, onions, peppers, mushrooms and an egg.
Snack
Celery, carrots and home-made mayonnaise.


Dinner 
Kale smoothie: kale, almond milk, vanilla whey protein powder (36g protein), vanilla, cinnamon, stevia-inulin blend.

Liquid Intake 
    Coffee:   22 oz,   Water:100+ oz

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

All within your range. Don't feel anything about it. I am good. Went out with Katie last night and had a great time. So happy to see you so busy and fulfilled. Love

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home