Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 20, 2012: Post 111, Day 111


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        200.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    198.2 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 1.8 lbs

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 -June 30, 2012.

Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:

I predicted that if I ate normally last night, after breaking my fast, I would lose weight. I also said if I didn't, maybe not.

You can see I did not. I broke my fast (early, although since I saw it coming, I called it a 20-hour fast in advance, making it not really early, strictly speaking) with pepperoni and cheese (and I probably shouldn't even be eating cheese), had a big dinner, then a midnight snack of... pepperoni and cheese. Between the two snacks, I ate a 1/2 pound of pepperoni, and a 1/2 pound of cheese.

You just can't expect to lose weight eating like that.

With all that late night eating, I woke up with no appetite for breakfast.

Daily Comment:
I got some interesting and un-good news today. 


43% of my IBM pension benefit is gone. At least, I think it is. There is a good chance I never had it in the first place. Which means I was wrong about it for the last 17 years. 


When I separated from IBM, I was given a choice to take a lump-sum payment or a pension annuity. The annuity looked far better than the immediate payout, so I elected that, and mentally marked down what that payout would be. 


I must have gotten it wrong, because today, when I checked, the amount was 43% less than what I'd thought it would be.


The final nail in the coffin for staying in the US. Can't be done. 


There's some good news for those who didn't want me to leave, though. I will be sticking around another 11 months, until I qualify for full Social Security benefits. It isn't much, but now, I perceive a real need. 

Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Kale smoothie: kale, almond milk, an egg, vanilla whey protein powder (36g protein), vanilla, cinnamon, stevia-inulin blend.

Snack
Pepperoni.

Dinner
Chili (grass-fed beef, tomatoes, mushrooms, red beans, green peas, spices) with Parmesan-Romano shavings. 

Snack
Prosciutto.


Liquid Intake 
    Coffee:   22 oz,   Water:84+ oz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home