Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19, 2012: Post 110, Day 110 - Fast Day


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        198.2 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    202.0 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         - 3.8 lbs

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 -June 30, 2012.

Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:

I ate very lightly for dinner last night, and today's results are, as they say, atypical. In my experience, daily variation of a pound or two is normal. Variations this large are more common than I thought, though.

Today is a fast day - it will be a 20-hour fast - and if I can contain my post-jam appetite, I expect a small weight drop tomorrow. If not, then, not.

Daily Comment:
I got fired from my secondary project, Big Talk, last night. It was disappointing, but understandable. 

There has always been a little tension over my priorities with the husband-and-wife team that are the center of Big Talk. They are ambitious and focused on commercial success, and my placing their band below i am Fool made them uncomfortable.

When the Fools picked up a gig Friday, and I notified Big Talk that I was going to have to leave rehearsal an  hour early, they decided to look for someone else to play bass.


I felt bad. I would have liked to do both.  I could literally feel my disappointment knotting up my stomach. I did some exercises to 'let it go' but got only a little relief. Hence, the small dinner: low appetite and feeling stress. 

I had already written yesterday's daily comment, and I'm glad I didn't do any analysis while I was still processing the news. 

Again, I was not surprised, and I realize that if I hadn't chosen the gig over practice, I would still be in both bands. 

But that wouldn't have been the right thing to do for i am Fool. That means it wouldn't have been the right thing to do. 

Putting i am Fool first, because I committed to them before Big Talk existed, feels consistent with the way I think about things. If I felt that being in a successful band was more important than those prior commitments, friendship and artistic integrity (not really compromised by either group, by the way), I would have had to break it to the other Fools, instead of making it clear that that was my priority to Big Talk. Because I believe Big Talk will be very successful, more than i am Fool will ever be. And I wish them luck.

But... It did bother me, deep down. I was running the deeply-embedded rejection script that plays whether or not I consciously want it. 

It bothered me enough to spoil my appetite, and spoil my sleep time... so I woke up at 2AM and installed the new strap locks I had bought on the two basses I bought them for. I was done at 2:40, and fell into a deep sleep.

So  it goes. 

Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.
 
Lunch
Skipped.


Snack




Dinner 
Pepperoni and Romano cheese. Baby carrots and home-made mayonnaise. Chili (grass-fed beef, tomatoes, mushrooms, red beans, green peas, spices). A salad of Spring Mix greens, red cabbage and balsamic vinaigrette.


Snack
Pepperoni and Romano cheese.


Liquid Intake 
    Coffee:   22 oz,   Water:150+ oz

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

That sounds hard. It sounds like you made a decision you can live with, though. Don't be so hard on yourself (easier said than done). In the meantime, you continue to keep up your promises to yourself and that is spectacular!!

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home