Friday, April 27, 2012

April 26, 2012: Post 117, Day 117 - Fast Day


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
Today's Weight:        203.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    198.2 lbs
Net Loss/Gain:         + 4.8 lbs

Daily weight from December 31, 2011 -June 30, 2012.

Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011.

Diet Comment:

This is an anomalous weight gain. Sometimes I don't gain this much in a single day when I cheat - and I didn't cheat yesterday. I did eat a lot (mmm... pepperoni), though.

Oh, well. We'll see what happens with today's fast. Fasting is not a weight-loss strategy - at least, that isn't why I do it and it hasn't worked that way for me. But I have found it to be useful at correcting these kinds of aberrations. It  has worked that way for me. 


My 24-hour fast lasted 22 hours. Then, I ate a lot. I still expect some correction. 

Daily Comment:
A week and a half ago, I was the bass player in 3 bands. Two of those bands were of secondary priority to me, and this was known when I joined. Today, I am in one band, and have been replaced in the two second-tier groups. 

In both cases, the split was amicable, but in both cases, I was not involved in the decision, which rankles a little bit - but that's ok. It didn't feel good, but it's ok, I generated the bad feelings myself - they came from irrational thoughts - when I was fired from one; the other one there were no bad feelings at all. 

But I take away positives from both experiences: 
  • I made new friends with the musicians in both bands.
  • I understand that bands cannot tolerate a member who is less than 100% committed, whether the lack of commitment is real (as it was when I joined and said I had another band that I was committed to) or perceived (as it was when I wanted to leave rehearsal early - even though I had jumped through hoops to make certain I would be able to do most of the rehearsal). 
Actually, I already understood that second part. I guess I forgot it for a while.

Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
Chili (grass-fed beef, tomatoes, black beans, spices) on broccoli.  Not shown: Spring Mix greens, red cabbage baby carrots, pepperoni and balsamic vinaigrette.
Snack
Baby carrots.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:   30 oz,   Water: 130+ oz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home