Monday, October 29, 2012

October 28, 2012 - Fast Day


October 28, 2012 (Sunday)
(Post 642, Day 302 of 2012, 667 days since 1st post)


Daily Comment

666 days after starting this blog, and I am playing our Halloween gig. I am going as an outdoorsman. Not just a costume, a disguise.

I'm a little freaked out because I almost added LOL to the end of that last sentence. 


was Skyping with Andy (I really, really like Skype), and told him I was going to add some more thoughts to my comment yesterday, but by the time I started to do that, I'd forgotten what they were.

Joan commented that she thinks expectations may come from chronic disappointment. This strikes me as chicken-egg confusion. If I understand what she means by "chronic disappointment" then it is the result of expectations continually un-met. This, in turn, creates a new expectation: that the future will continue to disappoint as it has in the past. Isn't that a self-fulfilling prophecy?

After discussions with Andy and friend Al, at lunch yesterday, I'm more convinced than ever that the Kia Soul is the car for me. I am also resigned to waiting for one in one of the three colors I find acceptable - because, to be honest, I flat-out dislike the other colors the Souls come in. The only question is really which trim level to get. Each successive trim level offers more value. I've eliminated the top one, and like the middle-level, called the Soul+. But, really, the base model may be right for me, with the lowest cost of ownership over the three-plus years I will have it. I have initiated a new search for a base model with automatic transmission.

I have begun cutting back on coffee consumption to see if it helps with my sleep "problem." I am doing things that contribute to or maybe  cause my chronically poor sleeping pattern/lack of pattern. It may be that it is not a sleep problem, but a lifestyle issue.


I saw a used 2012 Silver Kia Soul+ at a dealership today, but didn't like the way I was treated there, so went out and bought a new 2013 Titanium Soul+ from a competitor. I'll pick it up when I get back from LA. 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Food and Diet Section
Today's Weight:        204.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    200.4 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 3.6 lbs
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011

Diet Comment
A lower high is a good thing. Today's fast should, I hope, seal the deal and start me towards my goal of 200 lbs on Friday, the last day I will be weighing in until I get back from LA.

Food Log

Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
Skipped.

Snack/Break-fast
Roasted turkey breast, a hard-boiled egg, guacamole, baby carrots and home-made mayonnaise.

Liquid Intake
    Coffee:  20 oz,  Water: 72+ oz. 



Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home