Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 21, 2012


December 21, 2012 (Friday)
(Post 685, Day 356 of 2012, 721 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
My band has a new member. Tamaralee (Tammi) is a singer and multi-instrumentalist. She has all the excited enthusiasm that I had when I first hooked up.

It's a little hard to take.

No, just kidding. I actually think she may be the key to getting the band more on my wavelength with regard to playing time and promotional efforts. In the latter, she may turn out to be the band's greatest asset. 

I also like her as a person. She is intelligent, funny, and talented in extra-musical ways. So, a good thing, I think. I hope.

Right now, her contributions to the band are only potential. We have not had a rehearsal or played together in three weeks, and won't for at least another two, more likely another three weeks. I have a concern about how the current band members, all of whom know, like and have musical respect for Tammi, will accommodate a fifth element. Sometimes it seems like we've had trouble with 'only' four members. Adding band members at any time, no matter the size of the band, or what talents and musical virtues are brought with them, complicates arrangements musically, and makes organization exponentially more difficult.

To me, it is definitely worth it, as long as things stay, musically, at least as good as they are. In fact, a little non-logistical difficulty might be just what the band needs to move it forward. My expectations, of course, are for everything to get better.   
  
Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011
Food and Diet Section
 Today's Weight:        207.4 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    210.6 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     - 3.2 lbs


Diet Comment
That's a step in the right direction. My on-plan day got totaled by the temptation of the office Christmas party. I was weak, and not only cheated, but cheated big. I'll pay for that!

Food Log
Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Dal Tadka (lentil curry) with spinach, chia seeds and eggs.

Snack 
One large chocolate muffin, one large blueberry muffin (that's a lot of cake), and M&Ms.

Dinner
Pepperoni, baby carrots with home-made mayonnaise.


Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:   30 oz,  Water:  78+ oz. 

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home