Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 26, 2012


December 26, 2012 (Wednesday)
(Post 690, Day 361 of 2012, 726 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
As the year trundles to an end, I find myself, interestingly, not doing the typical end-of-year soul searching.

It has been a very satisfying year. It has also been one that saw me make advances in most areas of my life, without really trying to do so. That is my understanding of the way real improvements happen. At least sometimes.

Now, maybe this is all working out for me because I have paid my dues, and these are the benefits. But I have friends who have paid heavier dues than me, and this past year wasn't so kind and gratifying to them. As sad as that is - my heart goes out to them - there is little I can do except offer my compassion and empathy.

But for me, I am just very grateful for my life. 

On my vacation to North Carolina a couple of weeks ago, one old friend, when he first saw me, couldn't help but blurt, "Gee, you got old!" I laughingly replied, "Yeah, who expected that? Not me!". 

It's true - I never expected, as little as a decade-or-so ago, to reach sixty. In my teens and twenties, I never expected to see thirty, or forty... And so on.

Every new day is a gift. I have reached the age where that gift isn't given to all my friends.

So, every day I'm grateful that this time around the Wheel, I've managed to find some joy. Grateful every day.
  
Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
Year 2012 daily weight from December 31, 2011
Food and Diet Section
 Today's Weight:        207.0 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    205.0 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 2.0 lbs


Diet Comment
In the "This was unexpected" category, we have a weight gain. From yesterday's carb-heavy breakfast-for-lunch? That would be my guess.

Today, I had a nice lunch with Al (skipping breakfast, as usual on eating-lunch-out days) but once again succumbed to temptation afterwards with office goodies proffered.

Food Log
Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
At Ling-Ling Chinese Buffet:
From the "Mongolian Grill", chicken, pork, bean sprouts, cabbage, onions, peppers, broccoli, mushrooms in garlic and hot pepper sauce. And kim-chee.

Snack
Brownies and cookies.

Dinner
Hard-boiled eggs with cabbage and black bean cole slaw, and baby carrots with home-made mayonnaise.

Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:   32 oz,  Water:  72+ oz.

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

I love this. Love you

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home