Wednesday, January 02, 2013

January 1, 2013 - Fast Day, Travel Day


January 1, 2013 (Tuesday)
(Post 696, Day 1 of 2013, 732 days since starting this blog)


Daily Comment
I have some ideas about things I want to address in 2013: 

I want to do something about my lack of exercise. So, I'm going to do something every day. I began today. I want to improve my general health.

Spanish is the language in four out of five of the countries on my expat list. So I want to learn to speak it. I took Spanish in high school, and hated it. Ultimately, I had to take it in Summer School to graduate. Now, I want to learn it; it isn't just the perceived easiest option to meet an arbitrary language requirement. I will be making the investment in a language course.

There are probably more pressing issues, things that may be more important. I don't know. These are the things that top my list at the beginning of the year. 

These are NOT New Year's resolutions. I stopped making New Year's resolutions about 40 years ago. I hate making promises that I'm not going to keep, or that will add stress to my life. 

And, moreover, if I don't get around to learning Spanish, or exercise only occasionally, in the scheme of things, that's okay. I have no deadlines here.
  
Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!
 
First-half year 2013 daily weight from December 31, 2012
Food and Diet Section

 Today's Weight:        205.2 lbs 
Yesterday's Weight:    201.8 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:     + 3.4 lbs


Diet Comment
Yesterday's eating put some pounds on. Today's fast may take some off.

We'll see.

Food Log
Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
I don't know what happened to the picture I took, but here's what I ate: Celery with home-made spicy mayonnaise, and turkey and wild salmon burgers with guacamole.

Snack
A salad of sliced hard-boiled eggs, Sprng Mix, red cabbage and balsamic vinaigrette.

Liquid Intake   
   Coffee:   38 oz,  Water:  123+ oz.

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home