Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 17 - Real goals

Today's weigh-in weight of 230.8 is good for many reasons, even though I weighed in at a lower weight last Saturday. The reasons it is good: It is below the day's goal weight; it is below the trend-line; and it feels good, even though it is, by itself, irrelevant. The reasons it is not good: None, except that it is, as I just said, not very relevant to my real goal.
My goal is expressed in weight, because it is easy to measure, but a low weight is not really a good measure of achieving my goal. Body fat % would be a far better measure, but I don't have the tools to do that with any great accuracy (the best ways of measuring body fat % are too expensive and require too long a drive to get done). So I will have to take weight as a proxy for getting healthy, the real goal. Or do I? If I measured 15% body fat (or less!), I would be in fantastic shape. My current medical 'problems' and risks would be a thing of the past. Is that achievable? We'll see. At some point, it would be nice to see my inaccurate body-fat-measuring-scale come up with a number there (15%) or lower. Let me rephrase that (and make it a goal):


I am in the process of reducing my body fat % to 15% by my sister Joan's birthday, July 3. 

That would be reducing my BF% by more than half in exactly 7 months. I have already lost more than 2% in 16 days. This is do-able,

Here's what I ate on the 17th day of achieving that goal:

Breakfast
Baby spinach and lentils sauteed in coconut oil, with 1/3 cup of egg whites and a large organic egg and salsa.

Lunch
Sliced roasted turkey and lentils over spring mix salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner
1 avocado, mashed, with salsa.
Tilapia sauteed in coconut oil and butter, and steamed cauliflower over refried beans, and balsamic vinaigrette.

A good day. Tomorrow will be a bit challenging, as I am going to have to wake up early and will be spending the work day and more travelling (5-6 hours driving). But, forewarned is forearmed, right?

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Making your goal my birthday is a nice touch. You are doing great. refried beans, good- aren't they?

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home