Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 20 - Cheat Day!

We start cheat day at the same weight as yesterday, 229 lbs. There will be no weigh-in tomorrow, but if I had to guess, it would be somewhere around 234. My dining plans are totally high-calorie, beginning with breakfast, where I consumed about a day's worth of calories at a single sitting.

Breakfast
24 ounces of grapefruit juice. All I said was, "Not small'"
The Big Anthony fritatta (eggs, potatoes, green and red peppers, sausage, pepperoni, onions, and broccoli).

Lunch
This is a Subway Turkey Bacon Ranch with swiss cheese foot-long. Not shown (but eaten) is the ranch dressing and 4 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

Dinner
The menu, with (l-r): A shot of Jamersons, sangria, white wine. Water is in the background. Until now, I didn't think there was such a thing as good sangria; I guess I never had Cuban sangria. Mmmmm.
Shrimp, Pork and Beef Empanadas.

Pernil asado (slow-roasted pork), yellow rice, with plantain chips (not shown: black beans).
Deep chocolate rum cake and Cuban cafe con leche (without the leche).
Invisible white rum wedding cake.

The food tonight was very well made and delicious. I was very happy with all my choices. But the food was secondary to the event. I had such a great time. (Thank you, Ann Marie for organizing). It was wonderful seeing my good, old friends (with the exception of a few spouses entering the group 'late,' I have known the 30-or-so people who attended for almost 50 years). One of them was my next door neighbor on 166th St. from 54 years ago! I am truly blessed to have had the ability to stay in touch with these people. who are so important to me. Thanks to a gift the bride gave me for my 50th birthday, that sits on my dresser, I can honestly say that she has been in my thoughts every single day for the last 11 years. I love you, guys!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like some tasty food. Are you sure this is a diet? :-)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Reverend Ken said...

Cheat day is one day out of 7. Can't judge the whole diet by it, but it IS part of the diet: A calorie spike one day per week.

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home