Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 22 - Learn from my mistakes

Today, I have to correct some mistakes. What mistakes?
  • Taking my weekly measurements to judge my progress on Mondays. This is wrong for two reasons. One, I have to rush to do this and get to work on time. However long it takes to do this, it is one more thing to do before work. Secondly, I am still holding extra weight from my cheat day (Monday morning is less than 36 hours since my last and usually biggest cheat meal), which means (since I start accellerating weight loss beginning about 48 hours after that. So, I am, as of today, moving my official weight day to Saturdays (cheat day!). Another reason: this puts my next official weigh-in day on my birthday, which is also my next goal date (I have a 3-month goal, but won't set my next short-term goal until I assess the current one).
  • I have been measuring the wrong things for inches. I was not measuring my chest, and I was measuring thighs and biceps. The latter I don't care about, the former I do. As of today, that is fixed. I will only be taking 3 measurements: Chest, Waist, Hips.

Saturday, I will make complete measurements. Here are the measurements I got today:


          Last Week      Today       Difference
Weight      233.8        234.8        +1.0 lbs
Chest                    43.75
Waist       43.75        42.75        -1.0"   
Hips         41.5        41.25        -0.25"

How about those waist and hip comparisons? Down an inch of waist, down a quarter inch on hips. Don't have a chest comparison, though. Given that my weight is way up on today's measurement, I can only draw these conclusions: I am retaining water and building some muscle. I don't know how I'm doing that, because there is little-to-no exercise component of this weight-loss experiment. But I'm getting meaasurably thinner.

Today's food:

Breakfast
Sauteed baby spinach and lentils, 1/2C egg whites, 1 large egg. Never gets old.

Lunch
Spring mix salad with sliced roast turkey, lentils and balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner
Wild-caught salmon burgers, steamed broccoli with steamed lentils with some of my balsamic vinaigrette and the old reliable sauerkraut.

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

Looking good. Keep it going. Love you, Joan

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home