Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 29

GOALS
  • Goal date:  2/26/11
  • Weight goal: 217.8 pounds
  • Total Inches Goals: 124-1/4
I have decided to put my short-term goals in the front of every post - to help keep my focus, although I am finding this routine very easy - no struggle at all.

32 hours after my last cheat meal, and 20 hours since my last weigh-in, I was at 229 pounds. Again. I am above my pre-cheat weight, but, for the second day in a row, right at goal weight. I have read that it takes 48 hours for the cheat weight to come off, so I am not worried.

I think I would have had better results today if I had 1) drank more water (I estimate I drank 2-1/2L, less than my typical 3+ Liters), and B) had three meals, instead of two. Skipping a meal, even when it means consuming less calories (as was the case yesterday), has, in my last 4 weeks' experience, always hurt my progress.

Have I mentioned that I give little creedence to the calories in/calories out theory of weight loss? That is the idea that if you consume less calories than you expend through metabolism and work, you cannot help but lose weight. Of course, in the short run, this is definitely the case (I have used Nutrisystem, and friends have been successful on Weight Watchers, both based largely on this idea), but studies have shown that, long-term, most people gain back more weight than they lost using this method. It has also been shown that, when consumption of extreme excess calories is done on an irregular basis (like my cheat day), the effect on weight loss, if any, is enhancement, not the stall that calories in/calories out would predict.
Today, I drank more than 3L of water, had about 32 oz of coffee, and ate on plan.

No pictures today - I was without my cellphone (which I use to take all my blog pictures).

This is what I ate:

For Breakfast: Coconut oil-sauteed baby spinach, black beans, one large organic egg and a 1/3C of egg whites.

For  Lunch: Rotisserie chicken slices, black beans marinated in balsamic vinaigrette, over mixed romaine.

For Dinner: Sauerkraut appetizer, then chili made with grass-fed organic ground beef, black beans, tomatoes and chili spices, eaten with steamed cauliflower.

As always, please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home