Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 57

GOALS
  • Goal date:                     March 26, 2011
  • Weight goal:                206.0 pounds
  • Total Inches goal:      120.9 inches
                              
 Today's Weight:        218.6 
 Yesterday's Weight:    218.6 
 Gain/Loss:             + 0.0 
                              

Well. We've seen this before, but it is always a little discouraging. The weight I gained on cheat day is not coming off. At least, not quickly. In the past, a semi-fast has produced immediate results. Yesterday's fast? Nothing.

What does this mean? Two things: First, I have some formidable numbers to meet if I'm going to meet my weight goal for this Saturday's weigh-in: I have to lose about 5-1/2 pounds in 5 days. This is not impossible. I have already experienced drops of more than 2 pounds in a single day. I have also lost that much and more between Monday and Saturday on 3 other occasions.
Note to self: It has happened 3 weeks out of the last 7-1/2 weeks (the time I've been tracking my weight), so, almost 50% of the time. Self:  stop fretting!
So... I will just stick to the plan. Well, maybe with a couple of adjustments:

Adjustment 1:  Before I started the plan, I was eating a portion (3 Tablespoons) of chia or hemp seeds every day. I have a bunch of hemp seeds in my freezer, and I'm adding that back in, divided between breakfast and dinner. Hemp seeds are such amazingly good and nutritious stuff - high in protein, high in good fats, low in carbohydrates. Chia seeds are similar, with less protein but much more fiber. But hemp seeds are what I have. When I'm done with these, I'll probably go back to chia seeds, which are less expensive. And have that extra fiber. Which leads me to...

Adjustment 2:  I will also be taking a laxative/stool softener every other day, or at the end of any day where I don't have a solid elimination.

Here is the new period's chart:



Here are today's food diary pictures:
Breakfast
Coconut oil, baby spinach, lentils, two egg whites and a whole egg. Top it with salsa, and you have what I call breakfast.

Lunch
Sliced ham off the bone, lentils and balsamic vinaigrette over Spring Mix greens and baby spinach.

Dinner
My favorite cole slaw (I make it myself with homemade mayonnaise) and a wild-caught salmon burger topped with pesto mayonnaise (yes, that, too) and peas and lentils. 

As always, please leave a comment if you read this blog post.

1 Comments:

Blogger joan said...

I think you are doing great.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home